Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

What size trucks are those?

184mm, with more axle exposed by machining down the ends.

1 Like

I just realize that I might run into some problems using 180mm paris trucks with a 15mm wheel pulley

Yeah, dual 6355s can be made to fit, but it’s a tight squeeze and you may run into space problems especially with 12 or 15mm pulleys.

My last build (caliber IIs and 6355s) had the motor cans practically touching.

The mounts in the picture above are thinner than the ones I made at the motor end, so that gives a little more clearance.

I’ll be using the bn paris mounts (6mm arm thickness and 10mm clamp thickness), so hopefully they will fit. Is there a way to grind down the axle without a dremel?

I mean, depending on how patient you are, you could theoretically do it with a file.

A dremel is a hell of a lot quicker and easier, and a lathe is even better, quicker, easier and more accurate than that.

If you have a local metal shop or machine shop you can take it to them and have them do it for you.

witha a file, my pulley had a smaller hole than my axle so i filed down the edges a bit

Yea, I just am not looking to purchase a dremel. Maybe I could borrow one from someone that lives near me. I look into that, that could make my life easier lol

I’ll have so cut off a chunk tho, so that would be difficult

oh ok

How about a hacksaw? Then a file to clean it up.

Oh, I think I have one of those. Not sure if I have a file but I could find one. Would that work?

1 Like

Edit: Neobox v6

Something is up with my master vesc after it spat out an abs_ocercurrent fault.

It happened right after changing my battery from 10s to 12s and dropping my remote that was turned off.

I turned the board back on, tested the throttle and got the error. After checking some things i checked my connections and saw a bullet not 100% connected (was maybe 2mm away from being fully connected)

Pc via usb won’t connect and metr won’t either
Before it connected it blinked red 5 times slow and 5 times fast.
nothing burned or blown *visibly

Slave now is fucked too.

Metr worked, connecting to pc worked.

Motor detection via metr did not.
connected to pc all good.
Reflashed firmware - all good.
Restarted - all good.

connected to pc, started detection, motor just jittered until pc disconnected and then it: connects, disconnects, connects, disconnects and so on automatically. Now metr wont connect either

blinks red once every 5 seconds. DRV? No way to check faults.

No idea if this was present before ↓. Could be dirt when i applied the conformal coating? (looks a bit worse wince i tried to scrape it away)

Apart from that both vescs look normal. No interruptions in the conformal coating (checked with blacklight)

4 Likes

Serious Question let’s talk MTB builds is Matrix2 any good and where is a good place to buy oilslicks. Deck any recommendations?

1 Like

VERY NOOB QUESTION. im building my drive-train and i know there are parts missing but am not 100% sure about what they are, and what i should get.

I have Dickyho Mounts, Boardnamics 220mm trucks, Flipsky 6374 170kv motors, motor pully’s and Blue Cags

1. I know I need Belts…but which ones?
  2. I know i need Kegal Pullys…i guess press fit?

Is there anything else I need?

1: https://www.bbman.com/belt-length-calculator/ to calculate your belt lengths.
2: Dickyho makes kegel pulleys :slight_smile:

2 Likes

They ride great but aren’t cnc’d so tolerances can be a bit off. Some people had wider gaps in their baseplates but mbs is notoriously good at solving customer service issues.

I love them but would be open to trying other precision channel trucks at some point. No need to pay more to fix a problem I don’t have at the moment.

Any deck tipped 30-35° will pair nicely. Do you like wider footbases or more narrow decks? Haero if you like wide foot pads, mbs dw2 if you like firm asymmetrical concave, trampa if you like flex.

I made a thread about options.

3 Likes

Thank you =D

1 Like

Askew axles are also a problem. Axle tolerance…
Also my slick finish is gone. What can I do? :joy: :wink:

whaaaaat there are 195mm 50 degree paris trucks. Would that be a better option for 15mm wide and eventually dual 6355?