Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

Wrong category my guy?

Puck if you have METR/HM-10 or a DAVEga

Clearly about to start a battery build. Read between the lines.

Haha touché

I didn’t chose the category,I put “deck “ in search category and it’s just did this

What ESC does the Exway Flex use and has a comparison been done between that, and say the Unity?

latest hobbywing proprietary 12s esc

1 Like

ah ok. how does it compare to other ESC’s of it’s class, perhaps something in the Maker-X series?

hobbywing isn’t a bad esc per se, but with it being a proprietary esc, there are not enough data to compare it with other vesc of its performance / software settings.

However, the standby feature is too convenient.

1 Like

The standby feature is incredible, i just wish some bastard would clone it for us.

that feature drain about 2% per day on my exway x1 pro, I doubt most people would want that especially when some of us are using loop key as safeguard.

2 Likes

tempted to just get an exway

it is possible to build ur own diy using hobbywing esc, but u will be missing out the vesc goodies

Okay I’m about to give up trying to find a coyote or kut-thaka deck. Does anybody know if @eBoosted enclosure fits the omakase? Because I have that as a manual deck and I think I’ll just build off of that

1 Like

‘nother noob question: what’s the difference between calibers and ecalibers?

Axle length.
ECal extended for pulley bearing. Apparently prone to bend tho. You can cut back hangers on a standard clover to make do, without the extra length if needed. Boardnamics 184 is a precision alternative with stronger axles

1 Like

ecaliber trucks have longer axles, this allows you to use push-fit / press-fit pulleys with them, because those pulleys take an additional bearing. Slightly more expensive, but means your pulleys will always be aligned! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ecalibers are worse. If you need extended axles, either cut down a regular caliber or buy Boardnamics’ 184s. They’re almost the same price and much better.

2 Likes

Yea it’s just a bummer that u can’t really fit 15mm belts on the normal calibers and the 184s aren’t widely available used for sale
Edit: taking into consideration that I’m in the eu makes the whole situation even worse cuz of the tax and shipping costs

Dual 15mm belts is possible.

3 Likes

Dual 6355 with 15mm belts and press fit pulleys on standard Caliber IIs. Note that the hanger was lathed down for the press fit pulleys.

6 Likes