Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

[quote=“frame.b022, post:3615, topic:30355, full:true”]

not really cheaper.
wait, has this been covered?

7 Likes

ive heard rumours of a ‘Polish esc’ …anyone else hear this/know what it is?

3dservisas

1 Like

ah thankyou. Is it any good?

Not released yet. :man_shrugging:t3:

1 Like

ah k. thanks

1 Like

I know a lot of people use MR60 but i still don’t fully trust them. They are officially rated for what? 30A continuous? What if i bomb a hill with 70amps and that lasts for more than 10 seconds…?

Sorry to ask another question when the previous question is still unanswered…

Has anyone used rubber strips like shown in the pic as an enclosure riser? I bought a cheap DIYE plastic enclosure for a shitty DIY and it’s not quite deep enough for a double stack of 18650s.

Yep, very common thing to use to add height. Your instincts served you well.

I recommend laying your enclosure on your deck and outlining it with pencil or painters tape. This will give you a great outline when you remove the enclosure to add the riser. Is it adhesive backed already?

3 Likes

Cool thanks. Not sure if it has an adhesive backing? I’ve just been looking online to find a cheap way of doing it. The other idea was to buy some rubber matting about 5mm thick and cut out a rectangular shape so it’s one piece. That costs more though so I’ll probably just go the rubber strip and fill gaps with silicone :+1:

1 Like

I think it’s 30A per connection so 90A… I think. Or maybe 20A each I forgot.
Ask @b264, he uses one to charge his iPhone Android

Google Fu to the rescue

2 Likes

Haha caught me red handed, I didn’t check the search function.

Google is a good friend, except if you find other infos.

Thats why i’m so unsure.

1 Like

I´m looking into ways of integrating a few led diodes into either a riser or the deck itself (LY EVO 40). My country requires electric skateboards to always have positions lights, even during the day. So I´m not looking for massive or even decent lights, just the bare minimum in order to be able to talk me out of a fine :sweat_smile: while keeping the aesthetics of the board.

I´ve seen a failed kickstarter that was a few years old which would be ideal (Skate Ray lights), if one of you could point me in the right direction wither DIY or premade I would really appreciate it

1 Like

I have maker x “vesc”. It came with 2 mm bullet connectors on it for the motors . I have a Tb 6380 with 4 mm connectors . Will it be ok to put 2 mm connectors on the motor or should I redo the “”vesc”” to 4 mm?

Either way is valid as long as you don’t exceed the current ratings of whatever connectors you choose to use.

MT60 or MR60 connectors are another option, and they have the advantage of being able to be zip tied together so they can’t vibrate apart.

Metroboard has those if you email and ask about them… the “2W” version … drive them both in series at 9.0V for postion lights

cheers

check the Blue One and the Green One, they both have them

Oh, actually, the Evo is one of the few longboard decks these won’t work on. They will be angled wrong and won’t shine down the road. But you could start with those blocks and DIY reposition the LEDs to point at 10 degrees up or down in a custom setup for that deck

You may need a 10mm drill bit for that and some epoxy or neutral cure silicone

1 Like

Which one is more expensive? Which one sits out of the enclosure all the time?
As far as i know, maker-x new ships with 4mm bullets

Thank you for the tip! Seems to be what I´m looking for.

1 Like