Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

Has anyone tried dickyho’s normal mounts with pneumatics?

Axle to motor distance is adjustable between 77~81mm
I would want to fit 15~16t to 60t belt drive and 1 idler.

I have calculated that i would roughly need 365mm belts (maybe 370 with the idler?) but i’m hoping to get some advice from someone who did it already before me before throwing money into the issue.
Help?

1 Like

anecdotal evidence at best, when I bought a Kaly i also bought a second Hoyt receiver, and the Vx1 that came with the board has operated flawlessly connection-wise for many months and miles, on a Unity… I’m not planning on knock on wood opening the enclosure up and swapping to a hoyt till I need to…

only thing that is borked on the VX1 is the voltage LEDs my board is depleted when two LEDs flash down to one lit…

I kin deal with that!

1 Like

The problem was solved by using a Vx1 Non Vesc receiver.

if by vesc you mean uart, there’s no difference in uart vs ppm vx1 receiver. just different cabling.

2 Likes

Ppm. I was told different. Went with the Non Vesc and it’s still working.
The one for Vesc 6 didn’t work on ppm. Unless it was bad out of the box new.

1 Like

I could be wrong. but 90% sure I’m not. pretty sure it’s just the different pinouts on v6 vs v4 and uart vs ppm.

1 Like

Unfortunately, with Flipsky, that’s not very uncommon and you always consider the possibility

QC costs money, ya know

1 Like

I’m aware of that now.
Had to fix some Flipsky stuff to make it work.
But I’ll admit after inspecting and fixing there F ups it’s working good now.

1 Like

yup can confirm the Rx and Tx pins are swapped… I just repinned some BLE modules yesterday

1 Like

which press fit kegel wheel pulley works for BKB dual kit? so far i’ve only seen bolt on ones.

Have you seen this thread?

https://forum.esk8.news/t/push-fit-pulley-options-a-guide/

2 Likes

BKB doesn’t have kegel adapter anymore.
dickyho, Fatboy and EboardSolutionsboth are either 15 or 16mm, all require longer axle
haggy would require 6001 bearing to fit on 8mm axle, which can be done, but i want something easier
I haven’t seen moon’s pulley, unless someone sells it

It should be possible to use caliber etruck if I want to use 15mm pulley?

OMG please use @Boardnamics BN184 trucks over Caliber E

It’s literally completely compatible except ten times better. Not seven times better — a full ten times better — and only slightly more expensive.

9 Likes

My man! Rope him in!!!

4 Likes

Not only that but axle-modded Caliber 2 are better even than Caliber E.

Caliber E suck and bend easily.

Thanks! will look into that

The Boardnamics 184 is everything CaliberE should have been — but wasn’t.

4 Likes

Anyone with a gt2b can give me receiver dimensions? Looking at enclosures for my new build

I don’t have one anymore but I recall it being both wider and longer than the mini receiver.

The mini receiver fits in a space 18mm wide x 27mm long and height depends how you attach the wires

I’m going to guess from memory that it fits in 22mm wide x 37mm long

1 Like

Sweet. Then I believe this just might work out

Stormcore 60D dimensions(1st=mm 2nd=inches):