Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

@BillGordon is the in-house bump your account if you aren’t a troll or a spammer admin sure he will rectify the situation.

Generally can also gain some privileges by putting in some read time on threads.

4 Likes

We’ve recently decided as a team not to continue bumping new users. If they really want to interact with the community, they’ll go through the simple steps provided.

Welcome, Bas!

8 Likes

Mmm gotcha okay good to know so it’s just read time to get privileges to post images?

2 Likes

Read time and a short wait.

4 Likes

Now i can post images!! Here it is!! Could you tell me if what I made is right? If it is I’m actually going to start solder right now!

4 Likes

Lets talk turkey here…how much is it worth?

6 bucks?

5 Likes

Haven’t done bms wiring myself but I don’t see anything obviously wrong electrically with the diagram or where you put the balance wires so think good to go.

You might also want to chime in and read through this thread for more directed details The battery builders club

2 Likes

5 pesos I say mate, no more

1 Like

How much torque loss should I expect between belts and direct drive?
Is a lot likely or did I messed up my configuration somewhere?
I changed the drivetrain and ESC from a prebuild but it feels kind of underwhelming at the moment. I’m not sure what to look for in my settings? What value could I have put wrong that would get me slugging at take off? (With some kind of power spike mid acceleration

Check your motor amp settings can up the motor amps until the motor is getting fairly hot the enamel on the windings will melt at something like 200C (maybe a bit less depending on the mfg) but outside of can will be near the windings temp so if you touch it and is above/near boiling it will hurt you and you will know the amp settings are too high and you are risking cooking the motor. For higher speed the battery amps will come into play but low speed torque is typically limited by motor amps.

Also make sure the esc isn’t just overheating (mosfets) if vesc then will thermal throttle at 80C or maybe 60C depending on settings in configuration/firmware (I am unsure of the defaults)

Also with no gearing I imagine you are more likely to hit various thermal limits in general but it depends on kv changes and winding wire sizes and magnet distance and strength lots of factors in going from one setup to another.

2 Likes

That one took me 30 seconds ^^
Could you please help me out? @Dareno
The title meant a lot to me, now Im facing Llama depression
68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f7279496d6167652f576f586832567569334f446e30773d3d2d3232323130303438302e313433343134383265376135356130352e6a7067

3 Likes

Mysterious are the ways of the mods :man_shrugging:

No; only Ackmaniac firmware

You’ll basically need a CV/CC DC-DC converter on your external pack that acts as a charger for the other pack, so you just connect it to the fused charge port on your board.

It seems too dangerous to try to match levels every time you plug them together.

If it was a permanent arrangement, I would match the levels and connect them in parallel… ONCE.

2 Likes

I don’t see a diagram here, but try these

5 Likes

I would put a fuse on the charge port

2 Likes

Connect the balance wires to the negative sides not the positive ones.

Slow down if you don’t want fires.

2 Likes

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :heart_eyes: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :innocent: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :heart_eyes: :star_struck:

1 Like

when you block someone and someone quotes them. is the quote also hidden?

2 Likes

air hammer=handheld jackhammer essentially. those (the stainless pair) seem to be part of a universal chisel/driver set. they originally came with a handle you could pop them into

1 Like