Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

Take a 12v DC fan, plug it into the 12v output of the ubox and be done. Or externally mount a heatsink. External heatsinks will keep the esc very cool

4 Likes

hm. Good idea!

Water-cooling tales up space that should be filled with battery

Heatsinks are active cooling when on an esk8, because the esk8 moves past the air

He was asking for active cooling, as in a fan.

I never thought about that. That is a really good point. Thanks!

1 Like

Alright guys. What is the best way to save/record all of my current vesc settings without going through and screenshotting everything ?

It took a lot of time and effort to get my board tuned in. It is working well, but I want to try the new firmware that came out; I want to be able to revert back to to my current functional settings, though. I am running HFI currently, but heard that there is a new sensorless option.

iirc vesctool (pc version) has a export setting function, i have not used it before, but might worth have a look

:upside_down_face::upside_down_face::upside_down_face:

Thats whats happened basically.

1 Like

You can backup your settings with the vector app. :slight_smile:

Looking for a percentage chart for state of charge with a 12S5P lion pack based on voltage.

So 50.4v is 100%

Anyone know or have the rest handy?

Thanks

What cells does the pack use?

1 Like

P42a cells

Check a P42A discharge graph

Check the 0.2A discharge graph here: Test of Molicel INR21700-P42A 4200mAh (Gray)

That’s for a single cell so find the voltage versus capacity-remaining at several points on the graph and then multiply the voltage by 12 and the capacity by 5 to get the pack voltage vs capacity numbers. You should be able to easily convert that to decently accurate percentages if desired.

Those numbers will only be valid for a pack that has not been used for at least a few minutes so it comes back up closer to its true “resting” voltage.

3 Likes

Excellent thanks, this is perfect information. I’d rather have the how to on this. Appreciate it!

2 Likes

Seen that referenced before but I’m not sure where to find it. It’s not listed in the app by default.

1 Like

It’s on the firmware tab if you swipe up. It should automatically pick one of those 3 once you are connected. The bootloader helps the firmware to load when updating over USB/Bluetooth. It took me way too long to figure that out!

2 Likes

I don’t get any automatic selection (just like FW) it only lists generic.

Generic is an option and that’s fine to use

1 Like

What downsides are there to running high motor amps? I’ve been keeping mine at around 75A since that’s what detection said, but I’m thinking about raising it. Thermals have been fine, neither the ESC or motor have ever gotten past 40 degrees I believe. ESC is the uBox v1, so there’s definitely plenty of headroom left in terms of power.