FW 5.3 is out! Vesc Tool 3.01

installed it on my chromebook and the weird diy file browser still shows none of my files

the phone version just gives me “BLE Connection error” as always. it’s never worked with metr no matter how much people say it should.

why won’t VT just come with the FW I need or automatically pull it like it used to? using custom files is a real pain when I don’t have access to the USB port.

When I did it on my phone it only showed access to 2 folders, camera and Instagram, I just moved the fw file to one of those folders and uploaded from there, worked fine.

1 Like

I only got “computer” which seems to only contain files for VESCTool.

I went through the entire folder structure displayed, there’s very little of it, and none of my personal files or folders were there, just some app files and a folder called “osm tiles”

Can you move the fw file to “computer” and it show?

No idea where that is in my filesystem, none of the folders are recognizable and no folder in the structure gives any info as to where it’s located.

I don’t have a “computer” directory, and the subfolders have names like “0” and “files” and “vedder.vesctool”

On my phone I did try moving it to /Android/Downloads but it still wouldn’t show up when browsing with the VT app

upload the bootloader first if this happens

3 Likes

Jeffrey compiled the Mac version. To drop this into your purchased files container, you need to visit this page and complete a checkout again.

https://vesc-project.com/vesc_tool

This will also make the BETA available under purchased files .

grafik

6 Likes

Does the beta support more FWs? I’m still waiting for VESCTool to have the new FW for my VESC.

Does the mac version work on M1?

1 Like

Not sure, that is a question for @Deodand

You mean for your DV6? It is not Vedder’s duty to add firmwares that are not available as sources.
You should ask the manufacturer for the sources and the bin.

1 Like

the manufacturer has publicly posted both the source and the .bin

why is it not included yet?

Maybe it will be included in the next release then. Like c’mon, MakerX didn’t even do a pull request to get them added, that’s like the bare minimum you would expect from a 3rd party ESC maker

5 Likes

so I have to wait until 3.02+?

Dv6 just uses v6 firmware… Dv6 pro can probably just use v6 no limit firmware, no?

that still means I have to use a custom file that I don’t fully know the implications of and risk breaking something. I would prefer to use the most up-to-date official software from the devs.

1 Like

They haven’t posted the source yet but promised to “soon”. If they post the source I can help to submit it to the project. I agree that this isn’t Vedder’s (or Frank’s) responsibility, but rather falls on the MFG. I’m offering to help because I love the VESC project and want to contribute back to it.

I originally thought so, but no it has modified shunt resistances so the regular V6 firmware won’t work.

2 Likes

Since VESC-Tool has a custom FW tab it is easy to install third party FW anyway.
Vedder can’t add lots of FWs that all need testing. The manufacturer needs to do that and supply the FW.

that would be fine, but so far I’ve been completely unable to update the FW using the custom file. I’ll try more workarounds this evening.

Wonky. Hopefully it can get added. Makerx escs are becoming quite popular