Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

yes I agree, that’s the point I’m trying to make.

Do you have the DV6 Pro?

Yep sitting in my esc enclosure right now waiting to be installed on my board

2 Likes

Sounds good. If the 5.3 firmware update works fine for you then we know that the firmware file isn’t the issue.

2 Likes

jeez I hope it’s not an issue with the HW I got.

I’m plugging in soon and will report back. Though the alleged “working” claims of being able to update FW over a metr or other BT dongle have so far proven false for me.

Someone else was saying that maybe the 5.3 firmware they uploaded to the DV6 Pro is only showing 5.2 so that’s why I’m curious. I can build it at 5.3 based on the code changes he figured out if that’s the case.

1 Like

well if that’s the case, the misreporting AFAICT is causing VT to run in limited mode and report old FW in a warning dialog

or it’s just not sticking

Hm. Well I’m going to try it standard first, also I don’t have an STLink and definitely do not want to brick this

1 Like

I have an STLink so I’m less worried about that and more willing to be a guinea pig

so I just tried it over USB hardwired, 5.3 still doesn’t stick. @ShutterShock what was the exact process you used to get FW to stick? should I do both bootloaders, then both FW files or should I do a bootloader and FW upload on each VESC before swapping the cable?

@jaykup you mentioned you would make the right file?

is it even the file? is it this HW? is it all MakerX HW? is it VT 3.01? why can’t this work?

Well when I originally programmed the dv6 I had issues with vesc tool continually complaining that one side was out of date, then I would update, and it would still say it

So I plugged into one side, flashed bootloader. Then right after, installed firmware. Seemed to stick

Then, disconnected, plugged into the other side, and did the same thing.

Then I power cycled and plugged into it and both sides seemed to be fine. This was going backwards though, 5.2 back to 3.62 haha

2 Likes

So I am planning on getting land surf wheels for my newest build. They come with a 72t pulley.
I am using 63100 motors at 14s. Does anything speak against using a 25t motor pulley?

Well you are gonna have a top speed of 57 MPH…that do be fast

1 Like

yes, this

1 Like

What motor Kv?

What wheel diameter?

190kv
165mm

That board is only meant to go fast on day, good streets, as I already have boards for offroading and “normal” riding…

what’s “normal riding”?
for me that’s going to and from work, getting groceries and going out to meet friends.

1 Like

Yeah, exactly. i already have a board for that purpose.
The one I am building now I am building for speed :slight_smile:

1 Like

so I just did this, and like all other attempts, the FW just doesn’t seem to stick.

LMK when you try this, if it’s the file or what.

I’m using the file from the MakerX GDrive

1 Like

Boards meant to go hella fast don’t perform as well at low speed, poor torque and efficiency

1 Like