Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

thanks a lot

1 Like

For now I used FOC, but thank!

1 Like

What’s your budget for spacers? What quantity do you need?

Some of us can make them.

what can i use as calipers when i dont have calipers? lmfao

1 Like

What sort of shape do you need to measure?

Do you have a protractor?

I just wanted to see where i can get them cheaper and not pay for $22 for shipping.

You can also make an improvised version of a micrometer with a long bolt, some epoxy, and a protractor.

The thread spacing on something like an M4 bolt is a known size and each degree the bolt turns moves it a known distance

im just tryna figure out how much woodthere is under this integrated enclosure so i know how far i can go without risk. im just waking up though, coffee will probably offer an answer.

1 Like

do you smoke? i dont anymore,but cigarettes have 1mm lines on them. if you have a smoker around you have a mm ruler.

1 Like

This is straight genius-level shit right here.

1 Like

i was smokin a cig and playing with a bullet and somethin clicked.

flat table plus cig worked lolol

1 Like

Hello friends, I’m here looking for some help with my vesc(unity) in my new diy I had a couple of great builders make my build for me but I didn’t educate myself on how a vesc works and I messed up his “tune” now I’m just hoping sombody can walk me though how to setup the unity again with vesc tool and mabey any info people are willing to share on vescs in general I’m thinking of replacing my hobby wing in my old diy, to anybody who replies or reads this thank you in advance happy to answer any questions I’m in the US in Washington state

There are quite a few youtube videos walking through the full vesc setup. Is there anything specific that you would like to adjust?

1 Like

The reason I messed with it in the first place was I was trying to turn 1st speed mode into a “ECO mode?” My builder informed me right after I can’t change singular values so I’m just hunting for info on what I can do(I probably can’t change it like he said but I would be fine just lowering my amps in general) the tutorials all look like they are on PC do I have to use that or can I use my andriod?

I really appreciate you replying jaykup sorry if I’m not providing all the info not sure what I should add

1 Like

Speed modes usually aren’t speed modes, that’s the first problem.

They’re usually remote modes that limit throttle or power but not speed.

What remote do you have? Do you have anything else besides a remote, like a smartphone app, that you use?

2 Likes

Moon. even with shipping from the UK

You can change single values. Most common are motor and battery amps to adjust power and braking.

The official Android VESC tool will work too. It has nearly all of the same options just with a different layout

1 Like