Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

oh those are different. If you can get a length, we can find em for you. Newbee hubs come with something similar

Sorry that I keep coming back with questions :\

do you maybe know the biggest 80mm motors below 100mm length that have a “regular” screw pattern?
Comparing maytechs 8085s to flipsky 603100 - do the maytechs outperform the flipsky in your opinion (price aside)?

Thanks, I really appreciate your help.

1 Like

I have a vx2, this is great news I just wanted to have a little more range in my lowest speed mode sorry I didn’t respond sooner busy with work. Do you know of any walkthoughs for mobile setup? Any other info you need feel free to ask. (I’m using vesc tool for android other than my remote)

The lower modes are already basically eco modes. Limiting your power draw and top speed is a great way to get better range. Harder wheels with more rebound can help too.

3 Likes

Where’s the best spot to buy enclosures from? I need a basic one that doesn’t break the bank for a bintang-like deck

Having trouble with my 14s2p lifepo4 battery with a123 cells. When I accelerate (while looking at my bms app) my 1st p group voltage drops to under 1v compared to the others staying at 3.3v. Yesterday I traded out the cells of that first p group but it is doing the same thing. As soon as i stop accelerating the voltage goes back to normal 3.3v ish.
Could it be a bad wiring/solder somewhere? im so frustrated with this “bulletproof battery” that Im considering going back to lipos.

1 Like

If you traded out the cells and the same P group is doing the same thing, then it’s probably a wiring problem or the BMS. Did you use new cells or just swap two P groups?

3 Likes

eBoosted or potentially Hummie

Whatever you get, ABS is not recommended. If you have to go ABS you should fiberglass skin it.

1 Like

Actually i remember finding some corrosion on my xt90 negative lead because i didn’t seal it well enough after soldering. So i will rewire the whole thing. Just tried out my lipos on my board and they are much more peppy, so im thinking my lifepo4 batt has bad wiring. Thanks, as always

1 Like

I just updated the VESC firmware and my Flipsky VX3 doesn’t work. Did anyone had the same issue?

Updating firmware clears ALL settings and motor detections.

Treat it just like you installed the hardware for the first time.

Silvertip is absolute perfection as far as clear epoxy goes. But I need some white epoxy to use as primer on black enclosures. Any recommendations?

1 Like

I’ve got a couple at home I’m probably not gonna end up using, what size are you looking for?

I tried to detect the remote but it seems to not detect it.

redo the whole process of setting up vesc

1 Like

There are lots of epoxy pigments. I use this:
ADDITIVE WHITE PIGMENT 1/4 PT https://www.amazon.com/dp/B002IZFQPY/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glt_i_PSY7A40WTTJS3C4TB9Y7?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Pay attention to the mixing ratio, I think 3% by weight is max, but I’ll bump to 5% sometimes.

1/4pint will go a long ways

1 Like

I don’t understand the question.

Why not use your clear epoxy of choice and mix this in?

2 Likes

I have plenty of white mica; however, the stuff I have is very sparkly, especially when mixed with silvertip. And I would rather use a cheaper white epoxy than my good clear stuff. Still might make my own, but not with my existing supplies.

The stuff you HAD

Your gf found it and it’s gone like the wind

:rofl:

1 Like

Lmao honestly I’ve wasted more than her. Accidently dropped a half jar in a batch of red.

1 Like