FW 5.3 is out! Vesc Tool 3.01

Everyone following the GPL license helps you (@PixelatedPolyeurthan ) and the community.

This isn’t a so-Trampa-makes-more-money-thing like the Youtube bullshit they do. These are two separate things.

3 Likes

MakerX uploaded the “5.03” DV6 FW on their web

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-OFkWbNUdvaoxpzLMdFi-aAycK7J7GMT/view?usp=drivesdk

That is a bin, not the source. I wonder where the sources are.

7 Likes

Indeed they uploaded it and must make the source available, but this is only for the PRO. The regular DV6 can use the official version I linked above (is the one I’m running right now)

1 Like

Ask them for the source.

It’s not optional; they are legally required to comply.

3 Likes

That new binary they uploaded is not reading as version 5.03 in the new BLDC tool 3.01 either. I have flashed it successfully on a DV6 Pro using an ST-Link V2. I confirmed it is being successfully flashed by intentionally writing all zeros (temporarily bricking) and confirming sad boot, then flashing the new bin they uploaded. The VESC tool still reports it is 5.02

2 Likes

Good to know, I’m sorry but I don’t have a PRO so I cannot test it.

The official version works on the regular DV6 and registers correctly, but what you’re saying is pretty weird and MakerX should fix it ASAP…

1 Like

I have the dv6 pro if anyone wants to link me a file to test, I’m also willing to risk my life for the sake of beta testing

4 Likes

I’m assuming makerx doesn’t know about this rule, seems pretty common amongst foreign esc companies

1 Like

oh trust me, they know

6 Likes

Oh well negligence then I guess idk

Pretty sure it’s intentional…

1 Like

No need to assume something like that, what’s the point

1 Like

It’s not an assumption it’s an educated guess

@jaykup wanna pull another flipsky 75100?

2 Likes

Since the stock firmware works on it, I think all they did was modify the hardware current limits. EDIT: I’m not clear if the PRO version can run the stock firmware, and they potentially have a different shunt config

That would be really easy to change and compile new firmware, but if that’s the case, then the no hw limits firmware would roughly do the same thing.

I have a feeling MakerX is better than this, so I think we should get an answer from them first. Aren’t they on the forums?

5 Likes

@YUTW123

2 Likes

last seen 2hrs ago, they are probably aware of this

2 Likes

I just loaded a version I compiled with this motor config and it seems to be working

Take hw_60.h and change

Line 30:
#define HW_NAME "Go-FOC DV6 Pro"

Line 185:
#define CURRENT_SHUNT_RES (0.0005 / 2)

Lines 367 - 369:

#define HW_LIM_CURRENT			-180.0, 180.0
#define HW_LIM_CURRENT_IN		-180.0, 180.0
#define HW_LIM_CURRENT_ABS		0.0, 200.0

(I would upload or link but I’m apparently limited as new forum user)

6 Likes

Very nice! MakerX said they would provide the source code so we will see if they made any other changes, but this looks right based on what he said he changed.

3 Likes