Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

Sure you can but wouldn’t recommend for this use.

Keep the size in mind

I also got a bunch of bullet connectors as well and small 18 awg wires would fit perfectly

PM your addy and I’ll send you some of the one I linked.

1 Like

Yea I figured the size that’s why I came up with bullet connectors since I got a whole bag of them

What is the best procedure for finding an available battery builder on the site? I know of several reputable builders just from reading the posts, but do I just pm all of them to see who has time for a quote and (possibly) a build?
Looking to ditch my cheapo stock batt for a 10s5p with quality cells. Only requirement is that it fit in my enclosure if possible. Would also consider 4p/6p depending on dimensions.
If it matters, I care more about range than speed.

some battery builders might be busy with different project and stuff, so its best to PM and ask if they are availabe to make a pack for u

2 Likes

Will do, Thank you for the prompt reply.

2 Likes

anytime

1 Like

(44000/0.95)/45/7

does this look right for a kv calculation?
44k erpm at 95% duty cycle

Where at in Colo?

1 Like

Aurora. Rangeview High area

1 Like

how long of a belt would be needed to clear the tyre on 8inch Pneum

Depends on the pulleys and motor mount

3 Likes

Take a piece of string. Thinner is better. Wrap the string around the pulleys and measure the distance on the string. Should get you pretty close to what actually need if you dont want to do all the boring math

3 Likes

What threadlocker do people use on titanium axles / parts? Apparently regular red and blue doesn’t bond to it… (It’s for my eyeglasses, lol)

3 Likes

Damn, I’m in Greeley and so far I’ve only been able to find one other person to ride with in this entire area :frowning:

1 Like

Bruh we hold group rides most sundays, weather permitting. @Lunasi drop a link please.

1 Like

Hey, to the Admins here, can we open a “VESC Repair” topic where people can offer their repair services, help eachother with repairs, etc? :slight_smile:

I knlw there’s probably only a handful of people into this but:
This could get more people into repairing
People could get their VESCs repaired instead of tossing them away

2 Likes

Hey guys,

I was on a ride yesterday and got to test out my brakes on a really steep downhill road. My brakes were not as strong as I anticipated, fortunately I was testing it on a quiet suburban street during lockdown so I was able to safely carve it out before my speed got too high however I would like to sort it as I was in a particularly hilly area with tights paths and without the confidence in my brakes I did too much carrying of my board for my liking :frowning:

What i’m running - 2 x flipsky 6374’s on their 8inch pneumatic setup through the Flipsky dual fsesc 6.6 with 2x6S Lipos

My thoughts:

1. I’ve been having some sensor issues (using an extension lead and it’s pretty tight still and i suspect i might not have sensors 100% of the time), would this impact max braking power, or does it just impact smoothness of braking?

2. I’m around the 200lb mark is this just what I have to expect on a board like this?

3. I’m a noob on the vesc settings so have kept most things default except the max power draw and battery cutoff settings. Maybe I need to tweak things, what settings are the right ones to tinker on for this?

Thanks

1 Like

3d files for pneumatic pulley 5m 70t or so?