Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

BMS: Daly
Remote: Mini temote
Vesc: errr, no plan. Haven’t looked what’s available in quite some time

cable management O_o

4 Likes

It’s not managed in the picture :joy: I’ve taken things apart. Things will be tied down etc. Dw dw it will look put together. Ignore that picture :joy:

2 Likes

That’s got some lift to it for sure…I think I only need an inch as I am converting to 9” tires at the same time.

1 Like

One of the cheapest options would be a vesc 4.12 or 4.20 or clone. Basic, limited power, limited thermals.
Flipsky has some other budget ones, but I can’t vouch for their reliability.
MakerX has several smaller/cheaper ESCs like the GoFoc Mini (Great for 4wd builds).
A FOCBOX single would be solid if you can find one.

1 Like

Bandsaw if you have one. Just clamp something down at the right length to act as a fence and feed it like a table saw w/a fence, then do the same for width cut.

Keep it wet with whatever oil you have

1 Like

I mixed up the difference on cell capacity (Ah) I have my two 5s1P lipos in series so will the amps stay the same? (4.5Ah) or since their in series will it be 9Ah? Just a little confusion there, wanted to put everything into a calculator since I know the rest

Adding cells in series increases the voltage, but not the capacity.

Adding cells in parallel increases the capacity, but not the voltage.

3 Likes

Ok, 4.5Ah then. Cleared things up :+1:t3:

2 Likes

Hey all, I’m having a bit of an issue with motor lag/sync. When I apply medium/high throttle, both motors spin up, with the right motor being more responsive. When I apply very low throttle and ramp up slowly, only the right motor spins.

I’m running sensored motors with the Spintend UBox. I am also using their custom firmware.

Is this normal? If not, how should I go about fixing this? I’m sure that a little lag is not horrible on the ground, but I’m skeptical that the left motor is behaving as intended on with low throttle. Please correct me if I am mistaken.

2 Likes

Yes! Normal! I had the exact same question too. It will work fine when under load.

1 Like

Thank you!

1 Like

It would seem that today is just not my day. I’ve been trying to get my pack to charge, but it doesn’t want to comply. I believe I’ve wired everything properly, but I’m unsure.
(Forgive the excessive tape and ridiculously oversized charging wire)

Any suggestions? My battery minus is wired to the B- of the BMS, and the negative of the charging port is connected to the C- terminal. The positive of the port is connected to the battery positive. Also, the Bluetooth is working and displaying all cells correctly.

I did not get a reading from the battery positive and the C- terminal. I would imagine that this is the issue, but I don’t know how/if I can fix it.

Check the voltage of the charger output. Check your charge port for continuity.

Oooo! Close up picture of your charge port with out the tape.

1 Like

It’s hard to tell through all the tape and whatnot, but it looks like you may have the charge port wired backwards - The center pin should be positive, and the outer ring should be negative.

Also, jesus help you, learn to cut heatshrink tubing with a pair of scissors. That way you can have properly insulated connections without covering them in Kapton tape. It’s not designed for that, and it looks like ass.

4 Likes

Figured out the issue, my charge port fuse was defective, or I somehow managed to blow it up without noticing. :man_facepalming: And yeah @MysticalDork it looks horrid right now. I’ll fix up the situation once I’m 100% sure it’s working. Thanks for the advice @J0ker !

4 Likes

What settings do I mess with to change the throttle curve of my remote? I dont have a midrange. Seems to have alittle bit of low end and any more than that and goes to full throttle. Last attempt was done to ramping up time and that just messed it up and thats where I’m at. You can just DM me if you have any suggestions that might help.

Need Help: My Smart Bms doesn’t seem to be balancing even though I can view the cell status on the app. I have a 14s (51.1v fully charged) lifepo4 pack 3.65v/cell but I i changed the settings in the app to have a max cell of 3.5v/cell because the bms was apparently not working and allowing the 14th cell to go all the way up to 3.8 volts and no sign that the bms was balancing the 14th cell would just stay in the 3.8v range and go up a little bit, go down a little bit. The other 13 cells are lower. Anybody see anything wrong with my settings or idea what could be going on? bms busted? this is my first day using it… just finished assembly of battery yesterday.

Probably “throttle curve”…

Wait. What fuse?