Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

hall sensor detection failed
hi im trying to setup my esc(spintend 75v single) in vesc tool and getting an error under hall sensor detection it say bad detection see video plls >>> hall sensor detection failed - YouTube

not about laziness rather simplest solution
thanks though

left it sitting for 12 hours (overnight) not connected to vescs anymore (unplugged the xt90) and then attempted to turn the switch off (switch was on the whole time) and it still went back on after 10 seconds

makes me think that the issue doesnt lie with the vescs

You could also connect resistors in parallel to the VESC. You have to play around with the values but around 5k OHM should fix the issue.
The Relais just turns them off so they don’t waste energy.

1 Like

even when not connected to the vescs it wont switch off
makes it seem like not an issue with the vescs but rather the switch

In my experience the switch behaves strange when it’s not connected. It doesn’t really mean anything. Play around with Resistors on the VESC side while everything is connected if you want to fix it.

1 Like

will try and check out
will connect to just one vesc and see if it turns on

what factors determine whether i will get a capitance issue? (wire length/ wire size?)

The most import thing is the size of the capacitors and the tolerance of the components. If you are unlucky you got an extra sensitive anti spark and bigger than normal capacitors.

1 Like

got focboxes (no idea how big their capacitors are)

prob a really stupid question but im gonna go over to a loopkey setup (good old days :laughing: )
was wondering… what do people do when they lose their loopkey
if you leave in your pocket or something and then it sorta goes missing/ breaks?
i just dont wanna be stuck somewhere random without it

Take 2 loopkeys :smiley:

3 Likes

fair enough (maybe make a 3d printed piece to carry an emergency spare :laughing: )

also what is the final census on which side should be the xt90s (board or the piece you push in?)

I prefer the loop key being the XT90S, because the mounting is simplified. But you need a cover for it because the pins are more exposed.

2 Likes

fair enough
thanks a lot

I ordered some “jewelers blocks” off Amazon which are 1” thick 4x6 hard rubber pads. I have an old angled riser (from the board the trucks were previously on) to use as a template and I am going to try and make two risers out of those. Just need to find a way to effectively and accurately cut hard rubber that thick. Think I’ll start with a jig saw or band saw. There must be some YouTube videos out there.

I think it’s crazy there really are no risers for channel trucks. There must be niche demand. Most eMtbs put the enclosure on the top, but I hate that look and I am not doing any “off-roading” anyhow. I am strictly on sidewalks and bike paths.

2 Likes

You could make it mostly hollow then like a rectangle with an X in the middle. Would still be worry-proof. On the other side, the 3d printed one would cost you about $10. I’ll show you my risers.

Seems like a lot of work. I know you don’t have a 3d printer but I think it would be a lot easier to have your friend print something for you.

1 Like

I’ve ordered the rubber blocks already so my revised plan is to map it out, measure carefully (twice), take my time, fuck it up, and THEN - have my friend print something for me.

2 Likes

Here are my risers. They are completely solid plastic. Some are two separate parts with a gap in between for cables. They extend over the baseplate by approx 5mm

2 Likes

Can anyone recommend a lowish cost VESC/ESC with BMS and remote/receiver? I have the motor and the battery all ready to go and I am tired of trying to convert a scooter ESC with wired throttle control to wireless.