Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

Does tube quality matter as much as tire quality? Thinking about picking up some cheap spares in case I get a flat.

How long do I have to wait before listing a giveaway?

Before posting links to other sites (also called “spamming”), or before doing an actual giveaway on this site?

2 Likes

Oh I’m trying to streamline my skates and not have so many different parts. So real giveaway.

I guess nothing’s really stopping you from creating a sale thread and listing the price as free, if I fully understood what you mean.

There is a thread if you have some parts collecting dust :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Apart from size and davega compatibility, which should i consider when picking between a flexiBMS or an LLT bms?

1 Like

The fact that FlexiBMS are not available makes that choice easy.

1 Like

well, the dropping has become worse, 50.3 to 39 on the first acceleration :see_no_evil:

so for testing internal resistance on single cells, i found this guide

should i just check all my cells that way, when they are balanced ?

Well flexiBMS is sold out currently due to component shortages, so if you need one soon, the LLT. But flexiBMS is compatible with Metr and freesk8 apps, and it’s always good to support one of our own. LLT might also have some models with a higher charge rate, not sure.

1 Like

You could, but you’re going to need a much larger load than a 100 ohm resistor.

Something like a one-ohm resistor would probably do the trick. Just gotta make sure whichever one you choose can handle about 2500 watts.

Do all screws with red loctite need heat to remove them?

Trying to decide whether to go Idler or no idler. I have belts that will fit the no idler version but would the idler really be a better upgrade.
Purchasing from Boardnamics.

Price.

1 Like

You kind of need to test it out. If you have no skipping under normal operation no idler needed. If it skips whatever you try to do or wears out the belts too fast you need an idler. In general though, the fewer parts the better

Heat is the easiest way. Depending on the fastener, you might be able to break it loose with an… enthusiastic level of torque, but you risk stripping the drive or snapping the head off.

Best to just use heat.

3 Likes

Do you have lots of chargebacks?

the specs have to be that high if i measure a single p42a cell ?

For a single P42A, the maximum continuous discharge current is 30A. For a nominal 3.6/3.7v, you would need a resistor of about 0.12 ohms, with a power dissipation of ~105 watts.

This is for a full-current test. Lower currents may also yield results.
Basically the more current you draw, the more the cell will sag.

1 Like

it really just is so i can go over my whole pack and find the black sheep ruining my day :sweat_smile:

i found this 1.8 ohm 50w version locally, good enough ?