New DIY Build, looking for recommendations/critiques!

it’s easy-peasy to repin the connector…
gently flip up that plastic piece and gently pull the wire out… then reinsert into correct position…

1 Like

Right! Was planning on doing that tonight, hopefully all goes well, planning on ordering a 60D tonight as well

1 Like

i’ve only heard of firefly… and have zero knowledge of it’s pin-outs or wiring… but how is your receiver getting power?

usually a UART device has TX-RX power and ground…

It also connects via a 3 pin servo input on the ESC and has a +5V, PPM, and ground pin out on that servo connector

2 Likes

make sure whatever board/enclosure you use doesn’t flex the battery… I’ve seen more than a few of their batteries, and they all are connected with nickel across the series connections…
and no isolation between Pgroups

a stripped nekkid mike fucking beard 10s3p battery

a flexy deck and an mBored battery is a dangerous thing…

good luck…

4 Likes

Ooook wow that does not look good. My deck has no flex and my enclosure has more than enough room to safely accommodate the battery, so hopefully it’ll be safe. Jesus christ never buying that shit again

1 Like

oh… just an FYI… all the mBored batteries had discharge BMS’s, some as low as 30amps…

their battery systems are crap

Lol this really isn’t looking good for this battery. What are the @'s of the good battery builders here?

@Skyart, @BenjaminF and @ZachTetra come to mind

2 Likes

you might try here…

or here

https://forum.esk8.news/c/vendor-corner/13

missing from the list are @Skyart @BenjaminF west coast and @ZachTetra in the east…

I’d recommend BluPengy but he’s been MIA taking care of family…

that’s all I can think of at the moment…

I’ve fixxerated some, and it’s a pain in the ass just to make them safe and salvage the cells… i bought the one in the pik above for 30 bux when I showed the owner all that needed to be done to make the pack safe and efficient…

2 Likes

Skyart is probably your best bet, he’s the closet and he’s fast. I can do it but it would take a while because classes are eating all my time and shipping is at least $30 or something

This always makes me laugh…fml

Ya you need an extra zero on the end :rofl:

I shipped a 10s1p for $30 to Canada before though

1 Like

I have a 10s3p 30q pack just sitting here. Could use a good home

4 Likes

Thanks for thinking of me :blush:

@ARZ I could definitely build this. My workbench is currently clear, so i could start on it ASAP (as soon as cells arrive, or use cells I have in stock). I do this stuff full time, so I could bang this out quick!

Or go with this :rofl: Artem builds beautiful packs :wink:

2 Likes

I actually have a couple 10s3p here on my end, but you’re gonna have to take me out on a fancy date first before we talk business. Maybe a few more dates, settle down and have 2 kids then I’ll consider

4 Likes

This sounds like a worthwhile proposition. Im on my way.

1 Like

What other parts do you have / a picture of your current board? Hard to recommend enclosures if we don’t know what your deck looks like :upside_down_face:

Apart from the 1 temperature caused issue turning the antispark off (which has been fixed in FW) and some dodgy phase wire soldering on the very 1st batch, I think there are no real issues to speak of, although I have no idea how many are out in the wild being used.

It’s definitely the true Unity successor in my opinion, and I would recommend it.

pictures unwrapped Mboards battery pics mboard pack specs

1 Like

Is this one of the ones after he stopped making them himself and started getting them made by some manufacturer?

1 Like