New Build Kit Board 150mm Flat Profile Tires

The 9inch lip is removable right or no? I’m curious to see these tires on the pentagrams, thinking about picking up those rims or picking up another set of TomiBois

2 Likes

I have the V1 pentagrams. They had two options. One with the 9 inch lip kind of like MBS fivestars. Lip is not removable. I wanted the 8 inch version without the lip, but they were out of stock. I’m not sure about the V2 pentagrams.

I have the tomiboi hubs as well. I haven’t tried putting the bkb tires on yet

1 Like

Ah ok makes sense, I’m just wondering if these 6 inch pneumies will even go to the edge on the pentagrams.

Will likely put the BKBs on the TomiBois this afternoon but I don’t have pulley or bearings yet

1 Like

I have v2 pentagrams. They are wide af - like 60mm inner width. I think @Evwan tried stretching the bkb tires onto a wide hub and it was a no go. I recall seeing something like he had to hit 50psi to even get the sidewalls to touch the rim lip.

I cannot imagine BKB tires stretching well this wide.

3 Likes

Ah ok good to know, thanks!

3 Likes

They’re just too small in diameter. You literally can’t stretch the sidewall well.

5 Likes

The BKB on TomiBois hub

13 Likes

How do the tires feel stretched out like that?

1 Like

If you mean ride feel, I still can’t cause I don’t have the bearings yet, proprietary Trampa 9.5 blah blah diameter axles

4 Likes

Wait what trampa trucks use 9.5mm axles?
Edit: the titanium ones?

2 Likes

Their 12-FIFTIES and it’s a steel axle

2 Likes

Has anyone tried these tires with bigger tubes? Maybe 6x2 or anything else bigger than the stock 6x1 1/4

1 Like

Stock tubes seem great

2 Likes

I was just curious if beefier tubes could be helpful. I got two flats today (front right and back left) while on a short ride. I’ve put about 40 miles on the wheels total. I investigated the flats and saw that they weren’t caused by a puncture from an object. The tires were fine. Maybe lateral stress during deep carves?

1 Like

What PSI are you running at? How fast were you going? And how much do you weigh?

40 psi. Carving around 20mph. Weight 200lbs. Mounted on MBS fivestar hubs

I’ve never had good luck with esk8 tires under 45mph, seem to always get flats, I’ve been riding at 50 psi on all my AT tires for the last 1.5 years and yet to get a flat

6 Likes

I love 40psi for the BKB tires and I am about 185lbs with my gear.

What do you guys think a bald and completely flat version would ride like?

3 Likes

I guess one of us is going to find out eventually :joy:

4 Likes