New Build Kit Board 150mm Flat Profile Tires

I got the new tires from @BuildKitBoards and tossed them on the Ares X1. Here are my first impressions on them while taking them through the streets, dirt, rocks, grass, sand, gravel and whatever else I could find.

11 Likes

7 Likes

I’m very keen to try some of these tyres. The tread pattern looks like it will help considerably on indoor concrete race track surfaces. I don’t suppose anyone knows if the tyres can be purchased separately anywhere? It seems they are only sold with wheels and pulleys on the BKB site.

Also keen to try and stretch them onto 60mm hubs.

4 Likes

I don’t know how that will help with concrete tracks, I think you would be better off with a minimal asymmetrical tread to give you more rubber in contact with the ground. They are available for $11.99 right now for tire and tube. Spare Tire + Tube (150x50) – Build Kit Boards

4 Likes

Because what tends to happen on polished concrete is dust and debris get stuck to larger surface areas and create loss of traction. The tread gives dust a place to escape.

5 Likes

@BuildKitBoards can you share the inner width of your new hubs that these tires were photographed on? (Inner side wall to side wall)

I’m thinking about picking up a set. The price is right for sure.

5 Likes

Yep what arctic post was the link to them directly.

2 Likes

Mine are coming today, can’t wait to try 'em out.

2 Likes

Only had time to mount one on so far but they fit great on the Zeus Pro hubs. They look great - like car tires. Can’t wait to try them out.

12 Likes

Niiiiice. Now I want @BuildKitBoards to make them in more sizes. I think these are going to be a home run for them. Hoping they have solid longevity in the compound. Time will tell.

4 Likes

@BuildKitBoards do these tires have a speed rating?

8 Likes

Just went for a quick night ride and hit 35mph but wasn’t pushing it. In our design parameters with the MFG they were specd to go 60mph. The manufacturer makes high end racing slicks for crotch rockets so they should know what they are talking about. Id say comfortably 40mph is fine.

21 Likes

This is exactly what I wanted to hear :sunglasses:

4 Likes

Honestly, the are really flat on normal width rims. I don’t think these tires will work well stretched out.

2 Likes

Just ordered 3 sets for myself and a couple sets for my buds!

2 Likes

Are these tires going to be a permanent item you sell? Need to know if I have to stock up on these!

3 Likes

Any clues if other sizes like 7", 8" or 9" are a possibility?

Yeah you’re probably right. I got some anyway to try. If no good I’ll sell them, or buy some narrower hubs.

1 Like

Thanks for the support!

@luastoned only size planned. The molds cost as much as a new car.

9 Likes

Finished mounting my tires on my Zeus pro wheels this afternoon. Got some weight comparisons vs. factory Sunmates as well.

12 Likes