New Build Kit Board 150mm Flat Profile Tires

Pot calling the kettle black.

2 Likes

Damn, I might have to order a pair. Any idea how wide these are? Looking to put on my Land Surf RS-1 wide rims.
Should be a promising tire for the track.

They’re 150x50 but I think a couple of us are going to see how they do stretched a bit

1 Like

You can probably stretch them a little, but I wouldn’t go to hard on them, the side wall edge is pretty well defined and I think you’d have an odd profile if you go more than 3/8”

But at $12 a pop might as well do some science :grin:

1 Like

Ah I feel dumb lol, and I’ll probably wait for land surf tires and keep using the meepo cyclone till then

3 Likes

Trying these on my Prototipo. Didn’t take much weight to balance them and they roll smooth. Has anyone notice that they seem to make a little noise when pushed fairly hard laterally? I feel like several wheel bearings are getting a bit long in the tooth and have more coming, but I don’t think the noise is bearing related. Almost sounds like a split second growl from the tread. They seem to have more grip than the tires they replaced, but I didn’t have on pads and I skeered to bust up my pretty knees and elbows.

8 Likes

Not my photos, but saw these on FB. Bkb tires on meepo cyclone hubs.

15 Likes

Ayyy that don’t look too bad

Oooo dem bois thic

1 Like

These tires are pretty promising. I have ridden these tires over the last two days. The stability is better than Sunmate and Hota tires. They are predictable while carving and confidence-inspiring. They are quite true. Much better than Evolve or Sunmate. The sidewalls are very stiff and the overall ride quality is a little less compliant. I need to ride these for a bit longer to get a more complete picture of the capabilities of the tires.

10 Likes

Same feelings here - I like them very much

1 Like

what’s the psi on those tires?

2 Likes

When I made the previous comment, I was running the tires at 40psi. I am about 180 with my gear. I raise the pressure to 45psi this morning and it is a bit too harsh for my liking. I attribute the harshness to the really stiff sidewalls. For reference, I like to run Hota tires at 45psi.

Can someone take a caliper / ruler and measure the width of the contact patch?

1 Like

36mm

4 Likes

Stock was at 34 pc yesterday, down to 0 now. @BuildKitBoards any more in stock or will it be a while?

5 Likes

Damn crazy

3 Likes

Mounted on MBS Fivestar hubs. I tried them on the Newbee pentagrams (for science), but they didn’t sit well since i have the pentagrams with the 9in wheel lips.

Wheels felt great on the fivestars. Balanced well and easily. Great grip and nimble ride feel. Definitely new favorite 150mm tires :+1::100:

Hope restock happens soon (and price stays the same :crossed_fingers:)

8 Likes

BKB tires on rockstar hubs.

12 Likes

Looks like the tires are a nice fit on the MBS rims. Hoping BKB receives a new shipment soon. I really like these tires.

3 Likes