Tomiboi Esk8's official sales thread: Products and projects

IMO, the 3 link open spur gears sound horrific, especially on braking for some reason.

BN helicals can be pretty quiet or loud depending how backlash is set, and how much grease is used.

Straight cuts M1-AT will scream like a jet engine if no grease is used. I haven’t seem them used with grease, so I’m not sure how much that quieter that would be.

5 Likes

the rims look great dude.

Has anyone put any miles on them yet?!?

1 Like

I’ve probably got about 1000 miles on the proofs that they sent me. They look and ride the same as day 1.

9 Likes

I am really looking forward to trying them. IF they work well for me, I may be daring and get a white set!

1 Like

That’s the ESC. They don’t really support Regen breaking as well as vesc does so it’s choppy. I think it sounds really funny but it is oddly terrifying

1 Like

Evolve 175mm and BKB 150mm flats on TomiBois hubs

2 Likes

i’ve it’s tough to stretch the bkb tires…you don’t have issues with it?

1 Like

Didn’t have any issues stretching the tire, but I also haven’t ridden them yet. Waiting on bearings.

i got my hubs in, and they’re working great! they’ve held up to my riding and some hops here and there, and my RS tires are finally smooth!

also love the ease of assembly

i got no clue how much heavier they are from mbs, but i haven’t really noticed any difference while i’m riding.

also, for those with BN AT gds, 45mm screws work no problem, long as you do some light sanding to the end of each screw. I assembled my wheels and just sanded all the ends at once on some sandpaper, all i had was 400 grit, 5 minutes of no effort sanding per wheel and it was a ok. you only need to remove like, 1mm

14 Likes

I beat the shit out of mine. I don’t know what they weigh compared to MBS, but I know they’re lighter than Xcells.

6 Likes

i’ll bring ‘en through their paces :kissing_heart:

1 Like

The wheels have arrived! Do I need to use a bearing spacer? How is the progress on the pulleys? ETA?

1 Like

3 Likes

11 Likes

I’m only using spacers in the back right now. I tighten the back down because of gear drives and the spacer helps out.

The pulley mold was a lot more expensive than I thought it would be. It will probably take until the holiday season to get pulleys made.

3 Likes

Anyone try to stretch a Hota in the rims? I tried and was not very successful.

1 Like

Did you try any grease?

1 Like

I did. I put a bunch of super lube.

1 Like

7” Evolve tires stretched out easily. Very little stiffness in the sidewalls compared to Hota and BKB tires. What I really need now are those Land Surf RS tires.

7 Likes

Hows the bearing tolerance and the wear over time on these?

1 Like