Tomiboi Esk8's official sales thread: Products and projects

Ok, it’s time for me to stop making a new thread for every brain-fart, product or random project that I come up with. Here’s the official sales thread for tomiboi Esk8. I’ll post about my decks here as well as other stuff that I’m working on. Feel free to ask questions. Also, I’m always looking for suggestions for the next deck design. Suggest away.

Here’s a project that I’m working on right now. Have you been wanting some wide rims, but you don’t want to shell out a pile of cash to get them? Tomiboi feels you. I designed some wide rims made from injection molded Nylon-6 and fiberglass. It’s the same material that I made my toe-clips from, and it has been used to make rims before, so I just put two and two together. It’s light and super strong, it doesn’t deform when it gets hot like other plastics tend to, and also, it’s faaaaaaaar less expensive than Aluminum. The proofs just arrived. They look stellar. It’s time to test them out. If all goes well, I’ll most likely sell these for $100-125 for a set. They have the MBS rockstar hole pattern.

I’m getting black and one other color for the first batch. What other color should I do? Let’s do a survey! Pick two!

• Blue
  • Red
  • Green
  • Purple
  • Orange
  • White

0 voters

21 Likes

Green. Always Green. If not, maybe try. Green. Light green, dark green. Atomic green. Fluorescent green. Alien green. Also, i love that you have the xcells mounted to them. :slight_smile:

10 Likes

well damn, this the first time i see purple being more popular than black

4 Likes

This thread is very timely for me. I was talking to a friend of mine from Germany about using plastic for wide wheels instead of aluminum. Both of us thought they would be plenty strong and could be made much cheaper. Sign me up!

6 Likes

Will you be making matching pulleys?

I might at some point, but for now they should work with any pully that MBS rockstars work with.

4 Likes

@Linny i voted green for you.(green is nice in general)

6 Likes

Purple and green are my votes. I like the way this is shaping up :grin:

3 Likes

You can’t lose against black, if there’s no black to vote for
EWJ5JMYXQAMtdzO

10 Likes

1CD2C1E0-D501-4022-86FB-39EACABC010B

WILL THESE HAVE SUPPORT FOR LARGER 9" TIRES?
I dont wanna buy a set of alu rums for them to get trashed to shit on my mountainboard, and my mbs fivestars arent wide enough to nicely stretch my 9" tires.

8 Likes

WAIT WHAT, i swear there was black :skull: (best save, amiright?)

ok i need sleep, blue is cool too i guess, how did no one vote for red, its faster and everyone know’s that

1 Like

Also:

Welcome to the Vendor threads @tomiboi :slight_smile:

6 Likes

These won’t do 9" tires. 8" only. Have you tried phat ladz?

1 Like

Black is definitely happening. The vote is for one other color. Possibly two.

3 Likes

Eh, I dont wanna give trampa my money, and shipping is too expensive. Bummer. I’ll still probably pick up a set for my xcell tires if everything else falls through.

I’m super happy something like this is finally on the market

2 Likes

If these work out, I’ll do some 9" rims.

3 Likes

What length axle do these need? Any longer then a normal MTB axle?

1 Like

Regular MTB axel.

3 Likes

Prolly gonna have to snag a set to try em out!

5 Likes

When will the first batch be available for sale?

1 Like