NeoBox Testing Results V6 (serious)

I was using a metr. Frustrating. Supporting the brisk changes in vesc firmware must be a lot of work so no knock on them.

2 Likes

I couldnt even get HM10 to work on 3.62, works fine on Acks and that what I had to put my neoboxes on (v4s but still) for telemetry.

5 Likes

What app are you using for telemetry?

1 Like

The Ackmaniacs android app on Android 9, not as fancy as the VESC tool app but its good for voltage and distance.

2 Likes

My back up Japanese band Iphone 5s worked fine. :man_shrugging:

Tomorrow, Iā€™ll charge pack to full, set limits to 120% (more? 150?) rated specs ( lol, what even are they?) And go for a long ride by myself.

4 Likes

Max temp of 48C with your riding is impressive if nothing else.

I was riding on a purposely taxing gear ratio. 150mm tires, 58t hub, 18t motor, 200kv 6369, sensored.

Earlier I was on 60t hub, 16t motor. I weight about 165-170lbs. Board is 39lbs.

No bindings today. This means more continuous riding (bc I can actually turn now, amazing :wink: ) but no hard launches.

Itā€™s maybe 65 degrees F out, I donā€™t usually See Esc temps in the 150s. Both Esc still have doubled up silicone pads.

Iā€™m cool with these. I donā€™t intend to put 4 or 8 (:roll_eyes: of course mike , of course ) in a fast board, Iā€™ll use them for my distance/buddy boards.

I understand the criticism from the other testers. We paid full price (right? Itā€™s was like 240-260$?) with a confident assertion that they were tested.

The phase leads bugged me mostly bc the wire wicked up solder and was stuff and pointy 1-1.5 cm beyond the red housing. This is a recipe for a phase short when it pokes through the silicone. And, it takes up space. (Also did you know that carbon fiber is conductive?! :wink:)

I did not expect to actually get them, nor did I expect the communication or media updates through out the process. It was kinda my turn to take one for the team I supposed. (This was my take in early January, late December)

I didnā€™t get bent over by carvon, or have bent hexls (I have a theory about bindings and this, ā€¦later), or get left High and dry by Hyperion (in fact, the unities in my quick board are from them). Time to join the club.

what Iā€™m say is, there is no way Jeff could have known the strange/dumb things we are going to do with our Escā€™s, or how there are details we obsess about (tiny remote signal hiccups , sharp nickel on packs, dirty phase leads melting off PCBs during races, trucks that donā€™t truck). We donā€™t forget these fuck ups because the scars are still there.

@jeffwuneos good first diy Esc meant for consumer installation This was (still is) a growing hole in the market.

@BillGordon, you have ben made whole for the sacrificial focboxes that gave up their smoke, so that whe all could ride another day.

15 Likes

76 kph on skateboard! Dude you have some balls.

5 Likes

47.2mph in FUB

4 Likes

unnamed

2 Likes

LoL. Yeah, kinda

Except FUB means freedom unit bullshit

Weā€™ve been trained to think wrong by those we trusted as a child

5 Likes

@b264 i laugh everytime you type FUB, because in my head i hear an eagle screeching in the distance and will now forever envision the image @ShutterShock posted :crazy_face:

5 Likes

Lmao thatā€™s what I see every time I read it to be fair

3 Likes

I just finished my edit i started a few hours ago. Iā€™m going to sleep mode now.

6 Likes

Are we done with testing? Is everyone happy?

2 Likes

iā€™ve linked the individual reports in the first post.

Please note @jeffwuneo has recommended holding on ordering production units until he has resolved sourcing and shipping issues.

7 Likes

Soā€¦i just did my first ride on the Neobox.

Setup:

TB 110
Single sk3 192kv
15/36
Neobox v6

Motor 66/-60
Batt 60/-40

Temps compared to what i get on my tb 4.12 in the same configuration is very good. With the v4.12 i average about 55-60c and easily hit 70c+

The max 58c was uphill.

Definitely feels smooth and doesnā€™t have the typical Jolt i feel with the 4.12s

9 Likes

Damn son. 132mph?:zap:

4 Likes

Of course. Thats just cruising speed haha.

Seems like the vesc wrote bullshit data.

4 Likes

Does anyone else in this group use an OSRR remote? I canā€™t remember :confused:

Just curious if anyone is having issues with the odometer readout on their remote.

(I also feel like Iā€™ve asked this before but :man_shrugging:t2:)

1 Like