NeoBox Testing Results V6 (serious)

Yes, you have. Get out of here with your :star2::trophy::pick::poop:.

ā€¦wish I could help tho, I feel like itā€™s gotta be something simple, like when you lose your keys and they are in your handā€¦ but I donā€™t knowā€¦:man_shrugging:

3 Likes

hahahha just cruizin hahahaha

Have we decided these can do FOC safely?

My Elofty drives are whiney with BLDC :thinking:

3 Likes

100km foc with no problem

12s and 10s.

1 Like

Nice :+1::+1:

Probably around 200-250 miles running FOC on mine- no issues.

As of right now, whatā€™s everyoneā€™s impression of the neobox that has one and has been using it? Iā€™m genuinely curious.

2 Likes

Negatives: case build quality, design and fit are shotty. Cuts themselves and finish are fine. Iā€™ve had no issues with solder or wire quality, Iā€™ve done worse myself TBH in the past, but not these daysā€¦ Iā€™d reflow and solder new wires if I demanded perfection and wasnā€™t lazy ā€¦ but mine work fine, no issues riding.

Neutral: If we could just purchase populated PCBs without case or wires soldered that would be :ok_hand::ok_hand::ok_hand: and just use our own enclosure mounted heatsink, or just offer a basic heatsink plate with a multitude of compatible mounting holes patterns as an option ā€¦ honestly the focbox case just worked way better and was a million times more serviceable.

Pros: They aiight. V6 vs V4 focbox is a noticable step up in performance compared side to side on the same build. Itā€™s not 10S to 12S performance, but maybe equivalent to 10S to 10.5S or just 10S to 11S on the top end in terms of power response nuance at high speed rather than just more speedā€¦ forgive me, had a couple beers.

Iā€™m happy with my purchase and happy I got them when I did. I was looking for focbox replacements to use on my focbox heatsinks, hoping they would perform better and they met my expectations thereā€¦ if it were just my expectations they had to live up to though, they would be great- but all these other random ā€˜innovationsā€™ kinda detract from their value as a stand alone product. For what I needed though, right on the money and now I got a spare hunk of metal I can use as an ashtray @kook or rub them on my balls or something.

3 Likes

what ifā€¦ for example hypotheticallyā€¦ somebody was to produce a bunch of ā€œFocboxā€ boards and pair them with dual esc heatsinksā€¦ would that be of interest?

9 Likes

Hahhahā€¦ ummmā€¦

If we get more focbox V6sā€¦ Iā€™d take more V6 focboxes personally.

just cause I donā€™t need more builds right now, just need to spice up what I got

1 Like

I removed mine from the aluminum boxes and use them on a 3d servisas heat sink and love them.
Smooth power delivery, good voltage readings (cough fuck flipsky).
The boxes are terrible, but they work as a heatsink pretty well. Im in Florida and itā€™s hot as fuck.
They handle heat better than any esc I used so far.
I love the v6 design and definitely want more of them.
Iā€™d buy more right now if someone trustworthy took the reins.

6 Likes

Can verify reliable builds are possible in our climate.

5 Likes

cough

@DerelictRobot save us!

3 Likes

Iā€™m already on that missionā€¦
The case abd heat-sink are seriously a joke! So poorly designed and not functional at allā€¦ The heat transfer tape in my enclosures donā€™t even touch the FETSā€¦

ITā€™D be easy enough to fix just drill down a bit on the case stand offā€¦ And the stand offs are a jokeā€¦ The entire case is built upside-downā€¦ But Iā€™ve found a use for the cases

10 Likes

Felt like 112 today.

2 Likes

Same where Iā€™m at 10 miles west of Orlando. IT was 95 and felt 115.

2 Likes

Im 2.5 hours south of you. Weā€™ve actually met and ridden at the big meetup

god dammit my brain sucks. We should meet up and ride again.

3 Likes

As soon as these hellcats get here, Iā€™m going to take the new board on an adventure around the state.
Iā€™ll definitely get up with you guys Otown crew

3 Likes

Ran them for 200 km, its not that much, but for what its worth I havenā€™t had any issues at all. Thermals are better than the 4.12 single focboxes and the ride is smoother and more powerfull definitely at high speed. even reached 64 km/h on my mountainboard and did some hard braking, no cutouts or anything. They also work great with the metr pro module and the davegax, just had to swap the tx and rx pin on the davega cable.

Like mentioned by me and others before, the case design is not very optimal but other than that no complaints really. I might inspect the internals a bit better soon, check the thermal pads and swap the phase wires I dont trust the solder job for the long term.

4 Likes