*SCAM ALERT* neoBOX open source Focbox variant (HW 4 and HW6 Design)

shouldnt there be some guideline to testing esc established by the community in that case ?

only people that agree to follow it should be allowed to test

i have no clue what a valuable procedure would look like, but i would definetly be interested in finding out

4 Likes

I agree a simple guideline from @jeffwuneo should sort out everything required for testing.

4 Likes

I still can’t decide if i should opt for the 4.12 or 6…

6​

9 Likes

y tho? Gimme reasons :smiley:

4 Likes

16 Likes

How’s your OSRR beta testing coming along sweetheart?

28 Likes

Yes, I’ve been wanting something like this for a while now. Not a lab setting, but just a breakdown of:

This vesc-compatible is rated at XXXXX.
To test this, I’m using XXXXX.
My test conditions consist of XXXXX.
Here’s what happened when it was pushed hard but within reasonable limits: XXXXX
Then, if you want, go nuts and push it until it fails once all the reasonable limits have been explored.

8 Likes

So is that the reason why i get a sudden jump in acceleration? Its smooth as it should until a certain point where is increases instantly. (like shifting gears?)

ok this still sounds quite simple and makes me wonder why its not allready happening,

i was more under the impression that something like “daily” logs are important, where the manufacturer can see all the relevant parameters, so its also possible to see what happened incase of a fault

id be interested in what @jeffwuneo would consider optimal here

1 Like

Oh, they would be for sure. Didn’t mean for that to seem like a purposeful omission. Any and all feedback would be great if it all contributes to a fair appraisal of the gear.

Yes, I would like to know this as well. It’s rare that the person making the unit is this much of a collaborative voice.

2 Likes

I make testing template for thing to checking and share in next day.

14 Likes

make them testers do their homework, its time for the community to return all the ambition you have shown so far

6 Likes

It’s also more about finding the folks that are in the right spot and can test now, and won’t be waiting on other parts for 6 months before they can assemble it.

15 Likes

maybe the old dogs here can help compile a list of people ?

1 Like

I was going to throw myself in the running but like you said, won’t be a quality test as I’m just about to finish up my first build. I wouldn’t be much help in testing as I don’t know what’s quality yet. We should make sure that veterans are testing this properly and completely so that people like me can have data to rely on.

2 Likes

yea same here, i offered myself lightheartedly, but this project here deserves better

1 Like

You know, we really should have some sort of tester form in situations like this.

1: What number of miles/hours can you commit to in the next two weeks (or whatever)
2: What build/specs will you be testing it with

Etc.

9 Likes

Not only veterans, but certain veterans who are about to install an ESC this week and just install this new one instead and tell us your experience

6 Likes

To keep it short: YES

5 Likes