*SCAM ALERT* neoBOX open source Focbox variant (HW 4 and HW6 Design)

If there was actual snow instead of slush, I’d probably try making an electric snowboard…but even then I’ve got too much stuff

1 Like

@jeffwuneo
If the mounting holes are in the same place as OG focbox, I have a board with a built-in heat sink that can accomodate 2 esc’s. Currently running dual 12s 6355’s @ 50A each. Incase you’d like someone to “test” before your heatsink is ready…

9 Likes

I live in California, so the wet time ends and its back to cruising around in gogo shorts and a crop top, I’m in.

1 Like

I also live in Southern California. I might put on a jacket today. @jeffwuneo pm sent.

It rained here once and it was terrible. Other than that one day, it’s still skating season here.

12 Likes

I wish I could test, but alas I live in Minneapolis…

I wish I could test, but alas I have yet to complete my first build :joy:

6 Likes

@jeffwuneo At what price will those early tester neoboxes be sold? Just finished my build with the old focboxes and wouldn’t even need an aluminium enclosure since the pcbs are screwed directly onto a common heatsink. I run a 12s lipo setup and could push them really hard. :muscle:

1 Like

@Schulerbible

4 Likes

Send the testers to @Schulerbible :+1: he has my vote

1 Like

Send the testers to people who can operate a keyboard and provide quantifiable and valid results. There’s nothing worse than “I tested the esc today and it was great, thanks”

Fucking useless.

25 Likes

I agree testers should at least make a small report containing actual useful results. I signed up for 2 test units. I can test them in my MTB and put them through their paces. If needed I can also use them in a streetboard setup. I’m a R&D Engineer and test medical devices frequently so I know my way around testing equipment and writing a report after :slight_smile: And I have a metr pro which can log everything during the ride.

9 Likes

Should get demand testers with a logging system and have some self awareness to what they were doing at the time if issues arises to be beneficial to advancing your hardware/builds.

2 Likes

i would have assumed that atleast logging your rides is part of the testing procedure…

is this really happening ? priceless

3 Likes

Can confirm.

6 Likes

yes. couple of threads i remember reading…“oh i got the ESC today will start testing everything is going great after my first ride”

its like bro, we don’t give a fuck about that, give us data and feedback about long term usage that is USEFUL!

5 Likes

shouldnt there be some guideline to testing esc established by the community in that case ?

only people that agree to follow it should be allowed to test

i have no clue what a valuable procedure would look like, but i would definetly be interested in finding out

4 Likes

I agree a simple guideline from @jeffwuneo should sort out everything required for testing.

4 Likes

I still can’t decide if i should opt for the 4.12 or 6…

6​

9 Likes

y tho? Gimme reasons :smiley:

4 Likes