*SCAM ALERT* neoBOX open source Focbox variant (HW 4 and HW6 Design)

what about the rubber seal?

so tester would need to shell out yet another 270$ to get what everyone else gets.

1 Like

dude, it’s like a rubber gasket. I get that you’re arguing a principal here but you really expect Jeff to swap out a unit because of a gasket you can buy at home depot for like $2, all the way from China, during a fucking pandemic? I’m sorry but really?

16 Likes

no because i assume the seal can be user installed.

My point is more on the things the average non factory owning person cannot produce.

1 Like

We’re also under a global pandemic…From a virus…That caused massive shutdowns in…China…where Jeff ships from…Asking for an upgrade on a unit because of a “rubber seal” is ridiculous considering the circumstances.

2 Likes

Again, i’m not asking a new unit for a rubber seal. The seal can be shipped with lower priority via china mail or something. Does it need to be here tomorrow? No. There’s enough time to get it afterwards.

I’m more after the major changes made to the HW.

2 Likes

@Dewitt

Don’t forget to post your review in the testing threads. Forgive me but I do not recall if you bought the
V6
Or
V4

word up. Sorry I got heated. I’m just like, reading this thread and wondering what everyone’s complaining about

2 Likes

The only major change is the case m8 not the electronics afaik

1 Like

No i’m not a tester, but i’ve been following the thread.

I’m bringing all of it up because it wasn’t clearly communicated and I don’t find it fair that testers get neglected.

“If it was clearly communicated i wouldn’t have a problem” but the way it got handled wasn’t 100% clear.

@whaddys all good.

The things i’m primarily after were:

Usb-c
Conformal coating
Rubber seal
new v2 case
non possibly stripping screws
non possibly breaking standoffs
not having to bend the pwm pins
better QC
proper and not smushed heat pad (regards to the case)

@ShutterShock ↑ Yes the electronics are fine except for the missing conformal coating which can be done by the customers either way if he wants to. That what i’m saying, I don’t mean to jeff having to swap out the vesc if the electronic works fine and theres no problem with it but rather the stuff around it which got improved and has (imo) major issues. Ok the only electrical component missing is usb-c.

1 Like

Thanks for the clarification. I am a tester, received what I paid for and do not have any issues or confusion about the transaction.

I cannot speak for the other testers, and please do not contiune to do so on my behalf.

15 Likes

If you raised your hand to be a tester, you’re getting an early look/receipt of the product and have a responsibility to share your findings. To expect to get production units on top of that is having your cake and eating it too.

This is why we are recommending that manufacturers send things to the official esk8.news test group.

20 Likes

Prediction: this time next year @Arzamenable will be riding a dining room table on wheels with (16) motors for science

10 Likes

Truth

6 Likes

When I signed up as a tester I already assumed I would only get an updated unit if the test unit turned out to be faulty. I also anticipated there would be changes in the design, a product is never perfect the first time, especially if it has not been tested by a bigger group of users.

I also had some minor QC issues with the case and some design remarks, but as of now this does not interfere with the functioning of the esc. I was able to DIY to make it work (for example just solder on the receiver cables instead of bending the pins to make the ppm connector fit) its a DIY forum afterall. IMHO when people signed up as a tester they should know there is a certain amount of risk involved when testing new things and that they wont be perfect from the start.

My boxes are running my board strong without problems so at this point I dont see any reason to get new units just for conformal coating and some gaskets (my neoboxes are placed in a watertight enclosure anyway). I can always nitpick about new features on the next iteration that I dont have, but Im fine with how the boxes function atm.

Personally, I even feel a bit honoured I got to test these things and give feedback on the design, yes there were some qc issues, but its the tester’s feedback that made sure it will be taken care of. Some testers will accept the shortcomings, other won’t it depends on the specific test units and the users confidence in the product… its a personal view aswell I guess.

I do agree with @mmaner though, its in the best interest of both the customer and seller to try to resolve the matter in a orderly fashion.

22 Likes

I’ll have results tomorrow. Done.

26 Likes

Looking forward to this. I have a song suggestion

5 Likes

Dat gasket :rofl:

4 Likes

Hang ten riding only.

9 Likes

@jeffwuneo do you happen to have any info about my neoboxes? Tracking unchanged since the 24th*

Let me check first.