Metr Pro Updates

It’s doing something with it I’ve noticed, yes. Sometimes the “read ok” switches to “reading metr lte” or something like that for a split second.

Luckily the short-term workaround of restarting the app is easy enough.

2 Likes

I think I figured out why it happens and fixed it, when you can please try:

This version also has changes how back button works during navigation. Now it will unwind different tabs all the way back to Realtime tab. I also disabled swipe from the left edge that pulls the drawer gesture, because that conflicts with recent Android “back” gesture. Now drawer only accessible when pressing on menu (hamburger) icon.

1 Like

I’ll give it a go later today.

As a 3 button navigation user i feel insulted :smiley:

Could there be a toggle for the navigation thing to switch between them?

It’ll take me some while to not swipe over, until then i end up in an empty real time data window of which i have to get out first to Access the menu again ^^

1 Like

You should still be able to use back button. It’s just in new version of Android (not sure if this is one device or all devices) there is no back button. Instead there is swipe gesture from the left edge of the screen.

1 Like

I think it’s most devices by now, except if some Brand still includes the 3 way navigation like some custom roms do.

I do know that I’m the minority using the 3 button navigation i just can’t get used to the swiping and i firmly believe the 3 button navigation is still superior.

So if there’s a way [For you easily to implement!] to toggle between both options I’d gladly appreciate it. Otherwise I’ll give in, go with the majority and get used to it. :wink: It’s just a matter of habit.

If there’s no easy way (or you just don’t want to pursue it, which is totally fine), will i have a way to disable the left real time data window? I only use the middle one.

There is no need to toggle, if you have back button, you are still using back button. Swipe gesture won’t work because it is on operating system level, not in the app. Maybe I don’t understand something. Please test if you see some room for improvement, let me know.

1 Like

As a 3 button user, doing this opened the shelf with the other tabs

(Which is my preferred way instead of reaching down to press the hamburger button). This now won’t work, it’ll just switch to the left real time data page.

For users as shown using swipe gestures closes the app (i believe), that’s why you have now disabled it.

This would just back out of the app if I’m on the realtime data page.

The toggle I’m referring to is to enable/disable swipe to open the shelf. It has to be toggled off for users using Android gestures because otherwise it’ll close the app and it has to be toggled on for users using the 3 button navigation because they can still swipe wherever they want (which let’s them open the shelf)

Maybe i have to also record a video to better show it.

1 Like

And again to clarify, the app works as intended, nothing wrong with it. It’s just that I’m old fashioned and like it how i have it now. Habits ya know.

1 Like

Settings → Magic → Swipe Drawer

1 Like

I love you

1 Like

Is it possible to calibrate the GPS of the metr.pro can because I have a difference of 3 kms of total distance with my watch GARMIN phenix 3 and of 2 km/h.
GARMIN gives me 17 kms traveled against 14 kms on metr.pro.
And 34 km/h in vmax for GARMIN and 32 for metr.pro.

No, it is not possible to calibrate unfortunately. It’s a big difference though. Can you see where it differs on the map? Any pictures?

Here are the two simultaneous recordings with metr.pro and the Garmin watch.
It is not obvious to see, but the metr.pro gps track seems more random than the Garmin …
Su do you think ?

https://metr.at/r/QNRBY

And Garmin :

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/8971439884

Metr (bad accuracy, going on land out of water)

Garmin

Yes, looks like accuracy is not that good for Metr GPS module. You have Garmin watch on your wrist I suppose, so it has good sky visibility. Where do you have GPS module positioned in your foil? Do you check satellite count in Metr app?

1 Like

Would GPS accuracy be improved using a phone for GPS?

Yes the gps is in the waterproof case, as you can see I fix 10 satellites :

Édit :
Concerning the reversal of the direction of rotation of the propeller the “Invert” function in the expert mode works very well :star_struck: thanks

1 Like

Do you think the problem comes from the number of satellites acquired?

New release; new disappointment: metr.pro has not registered anything ???!!! I didn’t change any parameter since the release of 7//06/2022.
Namely that when I got into the water I had 12 satellites acquired and that I did not fall before the 13 th km…pour do I have no exploitable data?

I just have the data from my watch.

1 Like

Did you enable Manual Sync as explained here Metr Pro Updates - #1946 by rpasichnyk ? If not, please do so.

1 Like

I had tried before I had to reset the application because of date inconsistencies … But the problem was the same… After the reset of the app (07/06/20022) the registration had worked well without going through the “manual sync”…
I test tomorrow with the manual sync without reinitializing the application.
Thanks

1 Like