Metr Pro Updates

Unfortunately the module I am using (Toybox.Communications) is only supported in Widget/App/Audio Content Provider.

Maybe Widget type would be better? Can you see widgets while still recording the route?

I just fixed it a few hours ago, get the update v0.0.2!

1 Like

Man, really makes me want a smartwatch!

Good job @rpasichnyk

6 Likes

Widgets are mostly reference type apps like weather, barcodes or sunset times. I think the app has more functionality.

I wonder if the regular activity recording and Garmin data fields could be added to the Garmin metr app? Usually you can hold the up button in an app and it gives you options to adjust screens and whatnot. Maybe the Garmin metr app code could be inserted into the regular “Track me” app/activity then saved as a new app?

1 Like

God I love my Metr pro !
Thank you for the amazing work !

3 Likes

Thank you, you are a champion!!!

1 Like

App v4.17.5 and firmware v5.52 adds Manual Sync mode to Metr Pro CAN with SD card.

This option allows constant recording to SD card, even when Metr app is opened and realtime data is streaming over BLE.

To enable it, long press on status area or click on blue gear in Settings, find the switch Manual Sync:

When Manual Sync is ON you won’t be able to manually start records. Records will start and stop automatically based on Settings → Records → Start/Pause/Stop delay. When you navigate to Records tab, you will see “Sync” button. When clicked, active record (if any) on SD card will be stopped and all records synced over BLE.

9 Likes

Just gave this a try and it’s a blessing. My phone’s bluetooth is, for some reason, spotty garbage and so I’d lose entire rides or get snippets of rides because of routine reconnecting. This ensures that my rides are fully captured. Awesome!

3 Likes

Just finish a 37km ride and now everything looks good with the records. Thanks for the quick fix, great support as always :clap:

2 Likes

Latest Update/s won’t let me remove things from the modes

log_2022-06-01.7z (28.1 KB)

App version 4.17.6

1 Like

Thanks, there is a bug. I’ll fix it. For now please have some patience and wait 10 seconds until “Undo” button disappears. This way things should be removed.

1 Like

Works :ok_hand:t2:

Oh and while we are at it, I’ve lately been getting some “timeouts” while applying modes.

Usually stuck at this state

Takes a while until the Red timeout banner appears. If i “cancel” it [?] By swiping in the opposite direction then no mode can be applied, after letting go the bar jumps back to the beginning. Restarting the app solves it.

I’ll see if i can get it on video.

1 Like

Edit: red banner doesn’t appear. Seems like that was a different timeout.

Here’s the video.

Video 1 showing it getting stuck in this loop (continuous forever?) I recorded for 1:33 and it didn’t stop.

Video 2 shows me “canceling it” then not being able to apply a different one until i restarted the app.

se(2) - YouTube

latest_log_2022-06-01.7z (4.2 MB)

1 Like

Just fixed “canceling” mode, will no longer be possible.

The stuck thing… I can see that something is not working properly with Metr LTE, if you remove it, the problem will most likely will go away. In the meantime I will try to understand what’s wrong.

1 Like

It’s doing something with it I’ve noticed, yes. Sometimes the “read ok” switches to “reading metr lte” or something like that for a split second.

Luckily the short-term workaround of restarting the app is easy enough.

2 Likes

I think I figured out why it happens and fixed it, when you can please try:

This version also has changes how back button works during navigation. Now it will unwind different tabs all the way back to Realtime tab. I also disabled swipe from the left edge that pulls the drawer gesture, because that conflicts with recent Android “back” gesture. Now drawer only accessible when pressing on menu (hamburger) icon.

1 Like

I’ll give it a go later today.

As a 3 button navigation user i feel insulted :smiley:

Could there be a toggle for the navigation thing to switch between them?

It’ll take me some while to not swipe over, until then i end up in an empty real time data window of which i have to get out first to Access the menu again ^^

1 Like

You should still be able to use back button. It’s just in new version of Android (not sure if this is one device or all devices) there is no back button. Instead there is swipe gesture from the left edge of the screen.

1 Like

I think it’s most devices by now, except if some Brand still includes the 3 way navigation like some custom roms do.

I do know that I’m the minority using the 3 button navigation i just can’t get used to the swiping and i firmly believe the 3 button navigation is still superior.

So if there’s a way [For you easily to implement!] to toggle between both options I’d gladly appreciate it. Otherwise I’ll give in, go with the majority and get used to it. :wink: It’s just a matter of habit.

If there’s no easy way (or you just don’t want to pursue it, which is totally fine), will i have a way to disable the left real time data window? I only use the middle one.

There is no need to toggle, if you have back button, you are still using back button. Swipe gesture won’t work because it is on operating system level, not in the app. Maybe I don’t understand something. Please test if you see some room for improvement, let me know.

1 Like

As a 3 button user, doing this opened the shelf with the other tabs

(Which is my preferred way instead of reaching down to press the hamburger button). This now won’t work, it’ll just switch to the left real time data page.

For users as shown using swipe gestures closes the app (i believe), that’s why you have now disabled it.

This would just back out of the app if I’m on the realtime data page.

The toggle I’m referring to is to enable/disable swipe to open the shelf. It has to be toggled off for users using Android gestures because otherwise it’ll close the app and it has to be toggled on for users using the 3 button navigation because they can still swipe wherever they want (which let’s them open the shelf)

Maybe i have to also record a video to better show it.

1 Like