Metr Pro Updates

Forerunner 945, would love metr integration :smiley:

1 Like

Fenix 3 HR for me. :v::ok_hand:

2 Likes

@Xpress2016 @Razillian @jaykup @Manu39

Get the watch app here:

When you launch it, it should display a welcome message and wait for connection from the mobile app:

Make sure app on your phone is updated to the latest version (v4.17.0 on iOS and v4.17.1 on Android).

Then on your phone go to metr app, Settings → Miscellaneous.

Make sure you have “Apple Watch” or “Android Wear” enabled, doesn’t matter if you don’t have those watches, this is temporary, was just easier for me to do it this way, I will make it prettier later.

Click on “Pair with Garmin”

Navigate to Realtime tab, select what data you’d like to see (click on small watch icons, you can select up to 4 values):

Hopefully on your watch you will see something like this:

12 Likes

I get an incompatible message when I try to download. My watch lists as a vivoactive 4S. Guessing the 4 and 4S have different requirements

1 Like

My bad, I somehow missed to add 4S to the list of supported devices, I will fix it!

2 Likes

Awesome. It installed that time. Now I have to wait until I get home from my trip to give it a go. Thanks!

2 Likes

First of all thank you so much. This is amazing, and the fact that you jumped into an entirely new ecosystem and created a watch app for a small amount of people certainly doesn’t go unnoticed!

I was so excited to test it that I went for a 30 minute ride on my lunch break today. Your setup instructions worked and it connected to my 945. It’s really cool to be able to see all that data right on my watch in real time. I changed some of the data fields it displayed and they all worked.

After about 20 minutes the watch screen went black and when I reloaded the Garmin metr app it wouldn’t connect.

Also a minor bug fix: the time doesn’t display correctly when the minutes have a leading zero

A suggestion on usability. It displays the metr data well, but since it’s a stand alone activity app it doesn’t currently have all of the watch functionality like recording the route, viewing GPS/heart/altitude data or syncing the route on the garmin connect site. I think if it was released as a data field it could simply be inserted into any of the stock activity apps like “Track Me”. That way you retain all the watch functionality and route recording while still being able to view the metr data.

Either way this is awesome, and I’ll definitely continue to use it!

7 Likes

Unfortunately the module I am using (Toybox.Communications) is only supported in Widget/App/Audio Content Provider.

Maybe Widget type would be better? Can you see widgets while still recording the route?

I just fixed it a few hours ago, get the update v0.0.2!

1 Like

Man, really makes me want a smartwatch!

Good job @rpasichnyk

6 Likes

Widgets are mostly reference type apps like weather, barcodes or sunset times. I think the app has more functionality.

I wonder if the regular activity recording and Garmin data fields could be added to the Garmin metr app? Usually you can hold the up button in an app and it gives you options to adjust screens and whatnot. Maybe the Garmin metr app code could be inserted into the regular “Track me” app/activity then saved as a new app?

1 Like

God I love my Metr pro !
Thank you for the amazing work !

3 Likes

Thank you, you are a champion!!!

1 Like

App v4.17.5 and firmware v5.52 adds Manual Sync mode to Metr Pro CAN with SD card.

This option allows constant recording to SD card, even when Metr app is opened and realtime data is streaming over BLE.

To enable it, long press on status area or click on blue gear in Settings, find the switch Manual Sync:

When Manual Sync is ON you won’t be able to manually start records. Records will start and stop automatically based on Settings → Records → Start/Pause/Stop delay. When you navigate to Records tab, you will see “Sync” button. When clicked, active record (if any) on SD card will be stopped and all records synced over BLE.

9 Likes

Just gave this a try and it’s a blessing. My phone’s bluetooth is, for some reason, spotty garbage and so I’d lose entire rides or get snippets of rides because of routine reconnecting. This ensures that my rides are fully captured. Awesome!

3 Likes

Just finish a 37km ride and now everything looks good with the records. Thanks for the quick fix, great support as always :clap:

2 Likes

Latest Update/s won’t let me remove things from the modes

log_2022-06-01.7z (28.1 KB)

App version 4.17.6

1 Like

Thanks, there is a bug. I’ll fix it. For now please have some patience and wait 10 seconds until “Undo” button disappears. This way things should be removed.

1 Like

Works :ok_hand:t2:

Oh and while we are at it, I’ve lately been getting some “timeouts” while applying modes.

Usually stuck at this state

Takes a while until the Red timeout banner appears. If i “cancel” it [?] By swiping in the opposite direction then no mode can be applied, after letting go the bar jumps back to the beginning. Restarting the app solves it.

I’ll see if i can get it on video.

1 Like

Edit: red banner doesn’t appear. Seems like that was a different timeout.

Here’s the video.

Video 1 showing it getting stuck in this loop (continuous forever?) I recorded for 1:33 and it didn’t stop.

Video 2 shows me “canceling it” then not being able to apply a different one until i restarted the app.

se(2) - YouTube

latest_log_2022-06-01.7z (4.2 MB)

1 Like

Just fixed “canceling” mode, will no longer be possible.

The stuck thing… I can see that something is not working properly with Metr LTE, if you remove it, the problem will most likely will go away. In the meantime I will try to understand what’s wrong.

1 Like