Metr Pro Updates

I think FlexiBMSlite firmware v0.8 does not have required stmId in version command. Can you compile it from source code and flash your bms? https://github.com/SimosMCmuffin/FlexiBMS_Lite_FW has latest pull request that is required.

2 Likes

Oh dear lord, that process again. :weary: Will try indeed!

2 Likes

I have updated FlexiBMS to latest release (nagged @SimosMCmuffin about it) and still, it bricks the slave VESC and doesn’t show any settings available.

@rpasichnyk

3 Likes

Did you compile firmware yourself? Latest release (in GitHub releases) does not include required stuff

3 Likes

No, I didn’t.

0.9 is what I used.

2 Likes

I will try your setup, with dual VESC and FlexiBMS (I have one)

3 Likes

Before I proceed, if you disconnect FlexiBMS, all works good, no bricking?

4 Likes

That’s correct. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

What can metr do to break it so far it requires SWD? is it going into write bootloader mode? … sounds weird. is there a setting that disables usb?

Not sure TBH, but it did brick the VESC so hard that after a power cycle the green LED(MCU) and USB functionality is gone. After SWD it’s back online. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Is it possible to implement battery cycle count for the t boards with diebie and flexibms?

@rpasichnyk

1 Like

Good question, probably best to ask in DieBie / Flexi thread. BMS should store that information in memory.

Yet another headache for them. “What is considered a cycle?” :slight_smile:

3 Likes

The issues have been fixed in the latest update, thank you guys!

4 Likes

Hey, I am on version 4.5.8 on android with 5.22 on the module. (no updates on the play store)

I have a DieBieMS hooked up and when I go to view the Expert->DBMS tab, nothing shows up. I was experiencing this with the 5.21(previous one) fw version as well. I can see/read/write to the VESC fine, just not my DieBieMS. TCP bridge allows communication to both the VESC and the DBMS tho.

I tried this on my friend’s iPhone and he was able to read/write/see the BMS. I can find out and edit in what version he was on in the morning, I just figured the ios app would be delayed behind the android because of apple’s longer process.

Let me know if you need logs or any more info! Thanks!

1 Like

Not quite haha. This is after the update you did on the 15th. Unless I need to go “beta” in the app store?

Same problem as before, I clicked on things for no apparent reason sometimes lol, just pay attention to the screen being split in two in when the phone is horizontal. Everything else works like a charm :grin:
metr (25.7 MB)

What version of the app do you have? (You can check in metr -> Settings -> Scroll down)

1 Like

Hah now I get an update on playstore. Sorry about that, I literally checked 4h ago on playstore and I was up to date.

Edit/ 4.5.18 works beautifully now, thank you Roman!!! :heart:

2 Likes

I know its out of nowhere but i gotta praise the connection the metr has.

Ever since i use metr i only had 1 disconnect and that was when i literally wasn’t even on my board because someone else was riding it way ahead of me. (we swapped boards)

Apart from that: not.a.single.cut.connection

6 Likes

agreed
i’ve been using it since I got the unity off @PixelatedPolyeurthan’s hand. didn’t even cut out once, i’ve had one time I left my board outside my house door and had to rush back to my room which has 3 walls in between (direct line of sight), still did not even cut out, and this is only with the pcb antenna :eyes:

2 Likes