Metr Pro Updates

diffs!!! you so awesome. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Wouldn’t Modes and than saving the QR code of it serve this function ?

But I haven’t set a mode yet, I just have the settings set up on my vescs

modes wouldn’t capture the complete config. well, unless you manually added all the settings to the mode.

In the new update you will be able to add notes (short and long) to your rides, like this one :slight_smile: Click on “Going to esk8 meetup” to expand!

7 Likes

More :bug::ant::beetle::cricket:!
Metr Attachment
In horizontal mode, there seems to be two screens. But it’s wonky, like one side you can drag telementary from left to right and the other side it just disapears on one side. This only happens on page 1 it seems, page 2 is not affected

1 Like

VERY IMPORTANT ISSUE:

Latest FW (5.21) on the module and latest App on the phone (4.5.8, Android) bricks whichever the slave VESC is when applying Modes. It literally bricks it so hard on Mode application you need to SWD resurrect it…

Steps to reproduce:

• Connect a metr to a dual setup
  • Apply a mode
  • It dies on applying for motor 2 (Timeout)
  • VESC MCU literally dies inside and shuts down sobbing in blood tears
  • Go find a way to SWD unbrick your VESC

@rpasichnyk

5 Likes

Wait what?

Really? I keep forgetting to update my firmware but I’m only like one version back, and I was applying modes no issue yesterday.

I literally just tried that both ways bricking each VESC for science. :sweat_smile:

(No worries, I can SWD them back)

1 Like

Oh wait what VESC firmware are you running?

Confirmed it with: 3.65, 4.20 so far. Brand new VESCs. My board got bricked before I wanted to go for a ride after standing untouched for two days. :slight_smile: Applied modes and poof.

4 Likes

Will investigate! Please send logs from metr app -> Settings -> Show Logs to support@metr.at

3 Likes

Hmm okay I’m running 3.62 on my metr board rn. Too many problems with fw 5 so I used the most reliable one lol

1 Like

For me 3.65 was the most reliable all this time, used it for a looooooooooong time. So I am quite sure it’s not the VESC FW causing it. :smiley:

Will do. Gotta check one more thing beforehand. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@rpasichnyk In case the video can’t be viewed via email:

3 Likes

I had this exact same issue, ended up having to upload the bootloader and firmware, then all settings.

2 Likes

I actually tried everything by now. :smiley: Nothing can save it from this.

I see that you have in the mode, can you remove some zeroes?

l_watt_max:1500000
l_watt_min:-1500000

I think this is max 15000

This is what I get from a fresh VESC firmware. :man_shrugging:

Created a new mode, hit read, that’s it.

The defaults:

(duty is messed from the brickings, don’t mind it.)

2 Likes

@rpasichnyk

I have finally found it. It’s caused by the FlexiBMS. :open_mouth:

Did you change anything about it?

1 Like