The Definitive Guide to Metr App / Metr Pro

No, you don’t need active data connection. Did you enable location in Metr app -> Settings -> Location?

yes i did. I got a POI from google maps at my departure point though, but nothing more

Edit : here is last ride record https://metr.at/r/Gjsey

From that record I could see that you are not running latest app version. Please update in Google Play. Also your Android is 7.0 :slight_smile:

1 Like

just double checked this one, but i got no update disponible on the google store :thinking:

my bad, i have to similar phones with two different version of android

Edit : just refreshed the page and got the update, testing this tomorrow :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’ve been observing metr disconnect from my phone, and only reconnect if I quit the app and restart it. I haven’t been observing well enough to reproduce on demand. I recall previously metr automatically reconnecting. Anyone else seeing this?

on ios: 13.6,1
metr app: 4.5.8
metr pro unity. ( wrapped up in carbon fiber nazaré enclosure. )

1 Like

Oh, also, if i may suggest something about the GUI by the way :
when you’re on a screen which isn’t the “main” (real time) screen, and click the “return” button, that get you back to the desktop (android)

That would be a lot more user friendly if it gaves you back the real time screen/the last active screen

(But it’s just details, this is a great app and a real nice product :slight_smile: just keep going)

1 Like

Did the update but the record still show the same

1 Like

I have 7.0 phone, haven’t tested on it in a while. I will try to figure out what’s wrong!

1 Like

Get yourself a custom rom and go to 10 :stuck_out_tongue:

that’s actually my debugging phone xD the other one is on 8.0

I just checked with my 7.0 and location is recorded, no issues. Check that you have

1. Location ON / High accuracy in System settings

1. Location permission

1. Notifications are enabled

1. You have this notification on the lock-screen when the app is running

1. Metr app -> Settings -> Location -> GPS Accuracy -> 0
2 Likes

Ok, the only thing that could be messing was my 'hide sensitive notification on lock screen" setting, i dehactivated it and will try tomorrow.

Do you use the notification always on display as a way to force the refresh of the location ?

That’s weird as the fact than the content is hidden should not prevent the notification to be recognised by the system.

Try it :+1: Foreground service is required for background location access. That notification and foreground service is kind of the same thing.

2 Likes

That-s what i thought.
Although when i used to work with DJI api, they had a function to use the locatiok even when in background if i’m not mistaken.
Worth digging there
Edit : thanks for your super quick answers

2 Likes

That is awesome, thank you so much Roman

1 Like

~How does one wire up an ESCape?~

How to wire METR to an ESCape?

okay, found the Answer!

• 5v>5v

• 3.3v>VCC

• GND>GND

• SWC>ADC1

• TX/RX>RX

• TX/RX>TX

• SWD>ADC2

so it’s just the reverse basically.
Thanks @abusfullofnuns

2 Likes

I am getting an internal server error when trying to sync all. Sign in does not seem to work either (in screenshot its greyed but when I connect to board, I can click it but it does not do anything, or gives server error). Any ideas? Internet connection is ok.

4 Likes

Can you try again, I restarted the server. If it still doesn’t work, please send logs from Settings -> Show Logs to support@metr.at

3 Likes

That seems to have done the trick, thanks! Works great now.

3 Likes