Mental health - please take care of it

For synthetic psychedelics food wont inflict the trip.
For natural compounds that contain, for example mushrooms, a tiny bit of poison, alkaloids and psilocybin as the main components. You want to ingest mushrooms on an empty stomach.

Two very good reasons:

1. Psilocybin has to be processed to psilocin in your body. It has a VERY hard time to do so if you have food in your stomach. This may result in heavy nausea until you puke.

2. You reduce the potency of your dose extremely much by not ingesting the mushrooms on an empty stomach.

Furthermore, I would never advise anyone to take LSD nowadays. Most “LSD” are analogs or straight up other drugs.
I enjoy LSD as well, but I have not touched it in many years due to the legit factories that used to produce it, dont produce it anymore and you can only get research chemicals or you can make it yourself.

If you are from the UK check out The Loop. They do street sampling on the daily and its legitimate proof to stay away from synthetic drugs.

11 Likes

I’d rather eat a nice small but nourishing meal and have snacks after throwing up if it happensthan dose on an empty stomach. Best to wait an hour or two after food though.

That’s me though.

3 Likes

Psilocybin should not be treated as if it is peyote.
It is not supposed to be such experience.

Dose on empty stomach - always. This way you can also dose properly and not get irregular doses depending on how much food you have eaten.

And you are supposed to eat just a bit after eating the dose.

And by the way, it isn’t unhealthy at all to faste for a day and eat in the evening… Matter of fact, opposite.

2 Likes
21 Likes

Hey, new US hotline is also 988. Both numbers route you to the same suicide and crisis hotline but 988 is easy to remember. Might be worth an edit?

6 Likes

Thank you, added it to the list.

For those that remember I had some issues some time ago. Since then i have been ok and thought I was “healed”

For those who don’t know:
I am a security consultant in a psychiatric hospital, I take care of the cameras, intruder alarms and electronic Doorlock on isolation units.

Recently my issue has returned but worse.
The problem is I really don’t have the feeling my job is having a big toll on me. The thing I’m talking about only happens when I’m doing something relaxed, never in a stressfull emergency situation.

What happens:
My eyes lock up, become basically blind. Impulses become too much, almost can’t talk or listen anymore. Body goes into full sweat mode and I start smelling super strong smells that I don’t recognize.

Then after around 10min max it goes away like nothing happened.

Mostly just fucks with my self-confidence.

Thanks for reading, I just don’t really have other places to share.
Thanks guys

18 Likes

This effect is called phantosmia and unfortunately has a lot of things it is tied to.

I am not a doctor but if you have a family history of Parkinsons or have had previous seizures, make an appointment with a neurologist.

5 Likes

So why did i have to go through all those routine penis inspections?

11 Likes

i can smell metallic blood sort of smell once every few years, hope that’s not something weird going on with me

3 Likes

According to WebMD you probably just have Ebolavirus. No biggy @frame.b022, just drink lots of tea.

@iNoLikeFlexyDecks I second what Not-A-Doctor-Justin is saying here; I’d get that checked out, especially if you’ve had brain trauma recently.

Disclaimer: I am not a doctor and my father lost his medical license during his midlife crisis for writing narcotic prescriptions to strippers.

14 Likes

i’ve got coffee for days, but no tea. guess im screwed

1 Like

No head trauma happened.

But I’ll take the advice anyway.

I have some trust issues with the medical industry that I need to get over.

9 Likes

The industry is a toxic disaster but within it are people usually trying to help.

8 Likes

Got back up.
Visited some friends.
Going for a ride today. Been some time.

:v: To ya’ my great skateyfriendz

8 Likes

PUBLIC HEALTH REMINDER

Remember to go out and skate

:+1::+1::+1::+1::ok_hand:

17 Likes

I didn’t take this advice recently, it hit me bad. Fixed up a meepo and went for a rip. Back to the good stuff.

5 Likes
2 Likes

@metoo

4 Likes