Mental health - please take care of it

Warning sensitive topic - proceed with caution if you have a sensitivity

Due to recent personal events, I would like to remind everyone that you’re not alone - ever. If you’re feeling depressed, want to hurt yourself or have suicidal thoughts, please talk to someone and get help, whether it’s from forum users, friends, family or professionals. Don’t let bad thoughts or worries get the best of you, there is always a way to resolve them.

Seeking help doesn’t make you weak, it shows strength and willpower.

The same goes for anyone who notices unusual behaviour in friends and family. Don’t look away, ask if they’re OK. If not, make sure they get help. Suicide is not something to joke about and if you hear someone talking about suicide or self-harm - get help immediately!

If you think someone is at imminent risk of harming themselves or someone else:

Talk to a trusted friend, family member or health professional. Consider calling 911 or your local emergency number if you can’t reach them.

• Stay with the person until help arrives.

• Listen, but don’t judge, argue, threaten or shout.

We’re a big family with the most wholesome interactions I’ve ever experienced - even if it doesn’t always seem that way, I’ve learned that we’re there for each other, always, no matter what the topic.

To echo what others have said: Even if you are not on the brink of self-harm or suicide and are just having a shitty day or bad feelings about something, we are always here for you if you need someone to talk to.

If you feel like you need help, then please take a look at the list below and call the corresponding number for your country.

↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓

↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓

110 Likes

Thank you for highlighting this important topic - now, more than ever, pressure from peers online is extreme. Don’t let anyone tell you that you need to be a certain way, and don’t feel like you need to please everyone

Be yourself, be kind to your fellow humans, and don’t be afraid to reach out for help when you need it.

36 Likes

I’m just speaking for myself but I’m sure most others on here are about the same. If anyone ever needs to talk regardless of you know me or not I’m here DM and we can have a real phone call. I’m a great listener.

31 Likes

My best friend Tim took his life in 2020 (LONG LIVE TIM!!) and I would’ve never known he was on the brink of taking his own life. I saw him the day before he died to clean out our smoke shed and never in a million years did I think I would never see him again, I didn’t even get to tell him I love him. He seemed completely fine that day, nothing abnormal, only after he died did I realize how well he hid his pain… he completely hid it from us, NEVER would I have thought that he was depressed to the point of taking his life, I was fucking clueless :/. Now I’m plagued with guilt for not treating him better or never telling him how much he actually meant to me. I try to ignore it but every time I think about it I know in the back of my head I could’ve prevented it or at least helped him.
Walking into class to see his chair empty day after day was really hard, boy if I would’ve just treated him better maybe he’d still be alive.
At least I’m let with the 100s of memories we made. I remember when we took acid and beat the shit out of a portable heater lol.
Deep down I know that he forgives me, but I just can’t help but feel like shit for not doing better.
I don’t wanna get too sappy on here but I guess the lesson here is to tell your friends how much they actually mean to you and be there for those you love.
Real shit if any of you beautiful fuckers wanna talk about your feelings or anything else don’t be shy to DM me, I’m here to listen to you all ears with no judgement. I’m always looking for friends too so feel free to holler. I think this goes for the rest of us also, we’re all here to talk with open ears.

45 Likes

Just to point out here, you don’t need to be on the verge of suicide and needing a hotline to be worth some help.

Men especially are shit at seeking help. If you want someone to talk to hit my DM’s, I’ll show you my cock ring collection and we can laugh at how stupid your problems are. Don’t let it get too bad.

41 Likes

I wish mental health support services in my area understood this.

Throughout my life of mental illness and issues I’ve had moments where I’ve found it impossible to find help, so I will claim to be suicidal just to get someone to consider helping me.

There is a very dark flipside too.
If you do claim to be suicidal to the wrong administrative type they may really abuse you. I’ve been wrestled to the ground, thrown into cars, mildly beaten, locked in featureless rooms for unknown amounts of time, been injected with unknown drugs to sedate me and denied information for unknown amounts of time (no sun = no sense of time)

So personally my advice is to only seek help from family and close friends. Administrative and Enforcer types will usually just mistreat and abuse anyone with mental issues.

8 Likes

Absolutely, yes.

11 Likes

most have said what needs to be said, so i will keep it short

everyone needs help at some point, relationships / family / study / work or even in general, if u r struggling or feel defeated, feel free to reach out. we are here for u.

i’ve been through depression for a few years in my life, so i know how it felt like.

REACH OUT, we are here.

if u need someone to talk to im here, my PM is always open for u, or Telegram: Contact @frame_b022 if u preferred

24 Likes

There’s lots of that. And lots of questions without answers, lots of “what if?” for a very long time.
I wish I had known more about depression being an actual disease, that you can be a very cheerful person and yet be severely depressed, and inversely that it’s not because you listen to dark angry music and seldom smile that you are depressed. It’s actually not something easy to understand, you’d think a “come on, smile, it’s a beautiful day!” would make plenty of sense, but it does not. Logic doesn’t really apply.

Reach out!

8 Likes

Great thread :clap: if there’s one thing you learn in life everyone has problems,we all go through similar things with bad times,loss etc…
If you feel like you’re isolating yourself then you are most likely depressed,a bit of alone time is good but not a lot,connect with people,which in 2022 is far easier than it used to be,go ouside your comfort zone.
Make yourself a list
Exercise …
Sunshine…
Work hard…
Laughter…
Hobbies…
Family…
Friends…
Eat healthy…
ETC…
:white_check_mark: some of them off your list and things will get better,life is full of ups and downs and worries for everyone just remember that,it doesn’t make you less of a person to share your thoughts! :heart: one love!

8 Likes

Esk8 is my therapy. Esk8 is all of this to me.

7 Likes

Lol a build is a great way to start things off in to a positive way,who doesnt feel free carving on a nice summers day!

2 Likes

I am no mental health expert, and practice has shown that I will probably cause more damage if I try and help anyone with that kind of problem, but Im always available to distract.
And if it’s a real emergency, shit bro, come grab a beer.

5 Likes

If we didn’t live in different countries and on opposite ends of the continent we would definitely be doing this.

2 Likes

I agree. Great topic. Esk8 with my dog is therapy for me. It wouldn’t surprise me if a disproportionate amount of people into esk8 had low dopamIne.

5 Likes

Its only till you lose friends or family from these issues that you actually realise the symptoms of mental illness! If anyone in this community feels this way you dont have to publicly comment on here but just communicate…im always here for a pm,or anyone you have met through this forum,reach out!
This should be top📍in my opinion!

5 Likes

As someone who has battled with mental health issues over last 5 years, it’s really good to see how we look at mental health as whole going in the right direction.

Taking the first steps to actually open up and talk to someone about it was most definitely the hardest part for me, I only wish I’d have done it sooner.

Unfortunately it’s (well for me something I’ll probably have to manage for the rest of my life) a very difficult thing to treat as no two mental health issue are the same, there is no single solution.

For me esk8 is actually one of the best things I’ve done in the last five years of trying to treat myself from my particular condition.

Very good thread.

It’s ok to talk about it and don’t think like I did that it’s was stupid and the doctors would laugh me out the practice, it comes in all shapes and sizes it doesn’t make them any less Important though.

15 Likes

I dont want to go into the details of my own story but thank you for posting this and pinning it, it means ALOT to me.

I got put into the meat grinder of the mental life at an early age and its not fun.

I will say this lately my struggle has been am i doing this bc it actually makes me happy or bc society “wants to see me be happy”

Thankfully one of the few things i do know as truth is that im enjoying this hobby and ocassionalky i do feel that actual desire to gonfor a ride instead of forcing it like i have to do with everything else in my life.

And im grateful for the handful or two of wonderful kind and interesting people ive met so far.

10 Likes

I just want you guys to know that you are awesome! :heart_eyes:

I really mean it. We are awesome. Small weird humans on a spinning ball in the unphatomable vastness of space. Everyone with unique emotions and experiences. We literally live just a blink of an eye. Our time here on earth is so incredibly small compared to what has been and what will be. It’s not even a blink of an eye. Take care of what is most important. You. You are most important. Because without you, you can’t take care of others who are important to you. The odds of you existing is almost none. Cherish it. Even if things seem hopeless. It really isn’t. Get some perspective, and enjoy as much as you can, the rest of your blink here on earth.

:blue_heart:

15 Likes