Meet the Sportster F1 - Titan | Psychotiller | Bustin | eBoosted | Molicel | Venom | Moon | FS | Bestech | Metr | Riptide

Since I had a couple parts left I decided to start a fun project.
The goal was to build a sexy carver with decent power and range, without being too heavy.
So, I ordered a deck, enclosure, some cells and we put everything together.

Parts

Deck: Bustin Sportster
Enclosure eBoosted MK2 with seal and bolt kit red
Battery: 12S4P 21700 Molicel P42A 180A 16.8 Ah
Trucks: Titan 7075 Aluminium 300mm TKP hanger with 42CrMo4 steel extended axles, HeXL 6061 Aluminium 35°/45° split angle TKP BPs, Riptide bushings and washers
Mounts: Psychotiller
Belts: Fiber glas / rubber HTD M5 15mm 255mm
Wheels: Venom Magnum Mach 1 78mm, 76mm CP, 74A
Wheel pulley: Moon CNC 33T press fit with Bones Red bearings
Bearings: Zealot ceramic / steel combo
Motor pulley: FS 15T steel
ESC: FS Dual VESC6+
BMS: Bestech D140
AS: FS 200A
Motors: FS 6374 190 KV battle hardened
Remote: FS VX2 Pro
BT Modul: Metr Pro

Everything sourced from the community or made by ourselves.

Top speed: ~60km/h
Range: ~60km
Weight: ~11.5kg

What I like about the board: Besides the look, ride feeling and power is just amazing for a board at this size and weight. There is plenty of acceleration power and enough top speed to get thrilled. combined with the medium sized battery the board is light enough to carry it up and down stairs comfortably, but it is also efficient enough to prevent you from range anxiety. The flex of the deck in combination with the flex of the battery and enclosure allows you to pump quite hard while carving and gives you the necessary comfort you need with those small wheels, but it’s stiff enough to feel safe during fast rides. I enjoy the high grip of the Venoms and security it provides through the low ride height. The motors and transmission are surprisingly quiet. So far the most quiet belt driven board I’ve ever heard. The short deck makes the board very responsive yet it has a wide wheel base with trucks as wide as the Matrix 2.

What I don’t like: Due to the drop through, slightly flexy deck and the small wheels, the clearance is not sufficient. Sometimes the enclosure scratches over the pavement, especially on slow full turns. I also need to cut the kingpins since they are too long and they catch an edge from time to time. Since everything is packed so tide into the enclosure the ESC gets hot under load.
It would be better to have an exposed heatsink for the tiny FS to dissipate the heat more effectively. BTW, the FS VESC is the only VESC which fits into the enclosure with the current setup. A larger VESC would just fit in combination with a smaller BMS. The cable routing is also not perfect yet.

All in all it’s one of the most fun boards I’ve ever ridden and I like it.
If I can find a solution the get more clearance without using larger wheels or going top mount, it would become one of my favorite boards. So if you have any ideas how to improve the clearance, please feel free to share it.

Another possible use case for the board could be racing on kart tracks. The clearance wouldn’t be a problem anymore on a race track. Just the ESC would need a heatsink outside the enclosure to prevent overheating. The nimble TKP trucks with the wide track and wide wheels gives you a ton of grip for fast cornering. The board even looks like a Formula 1 car. I need to spend more time with it and figure out what the perfect use for the board is. So far I just can say that it’s a hell of fun :grin:

35 Likes

This is an awesome build.

4 Likes

Holy shit that’s a high aspect ratio for a board…

7 Likes

Those front trucks though

1 Like

Love this build please do a ride video I want to see this bad boy in action low and wide nice :star_struck:

2 Likes

I’m not good at filming, but here you go

5 Likes

I run 20/36 and 110mm wheels the Titan Project X :joy:

Nah I mean the height to width ratio of the board…but goddamn that’s fast :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Yeah, it’s virtually square :joy:

1 Like

You better be really fast on the karting tracks, this is gonna have some people insecure taking over otherwise :rofl:

3 Likes

The chodeness is strong in this one. Thicc n wide :heart_eyes:

6 Likes

Whoa, this kinda makes me want to ride thane

4 Likes

Riding 'thane is like the ASMR of eskating

3 Likes

Cause it makes ya tingle?

4 Likes

:joy::joy::joy:

TBH, I hoped the Venoms would be a little softer. The ride is quite rattley over uneven terrain and makes your feet tingle. They are definitely more comfortable than the AHMYO Akasha, but less than 80mm Kegels. They are similar to my 70mm Hawgs and 83mm 85a iWonder. I need to test and compare them more for a final decision. But the grip is amazing. Similar to Caguamas. How do you like them?

2 Likes

What, really? The ride was a lot softer than I thought before I rode them.

I have no complaints about the grip at all. Even in the rain.

The clearance is where most of my gripes are. The ground clearance isn’t horrible (it was horrible on my first iteration of my build) but it’s not good either.

But the ride for me is really nice and my feet aren’t getting numb.

1 Like

Interesting. I need to test them on several decks to get an better opinion on them. But the clearance is definitely a problem. They are made for top mounts with risers or DKP trucks and non dropped stiff decks. But I really enjoy riding them on the Sportster. Maybe I can gain a couple mm with tall bushings a thicker washers. If it doesn’t help the BPs need to go top mounted to prevent scratches on the enclosure while riding around town.

We had an extended group ride last weekend. I will update you soon.

3 Likes

Here is a Video of a beginner rider on the F1 carving together with the Jetforce Predator.

3 Likes

What’s the torque like with that ratio? Im planning the same ratio and wheels with 190kv sk3s

2 Likes