Meet the Sportster F1 - Titan | Psychotiller | Bustin | eBoosted | Molicel | Venom | Moon | FS | Bestech | Metr | Riptide

Funny that you are asking. We made some drag races and it was the second fastest board after the Titan ProjectX. The most interesting pull was vs the Jetforce Interceptor AWD. The AWD started faster because of the Lingyi ESC which is more aggressive in the torque curve than the VESCs and due to the AWD it launches like rocket. But after ~30km/h the Sportster F1 passed the Interceptor like there is no tomorrow. Top speed wise the Interceptor AWD stopps the acceleration at ~55km/h and the F1 goes a few km/h more. This is with 190KV as well and 80A per motor.

So I really can’t imagine someone who wants more torque on such a small and carvy build.

2 Likes

Depends on gears, voltage and wheel size dude.

Did some tests on 160mm TB wheels. Works amazingly!

5 Likes

Looks awesome!

1 Like

so how do you like the comparison to the pneus? will you change setup based on ocasion, or will you stick to one or the another?

I enjoy the extra clearance and the additional grip. You can carve harder and of course it’s more comfortable. The down side is the FS ESC gets hot even faster than on PU. Of course you loose range as well. It comes down to 30km instead of 60km. The weight goes up by ~1kg.

I will test it with 90mm Boas next time to get a more complete comparison.

3 Likes

I tested The Sportster F1 in a very funny configuration.
I decided to not just mix up different styles of trucks rather even different type of wheels. The outcome was a very interesting experience.

First thing you need to notice is the slightly different ride height front and rear.
The front end is by 1-2cm lower than the rear end. I could you larger front wheels and/or smaller rear wheels, but I like that dragster look, which transforms the Sportster F1 into the Dragster Top Fuel :grin:

So what did I change from the original Sportster F1?
At first I changed the 78mm ST wheels to 160mm AT wheels.
Second, I removed the front TKP truck and replaced it with a super wide DKP truck.
Third, I exchanged the front AT wheels with 97mm ST wheels.
Fourth, I adjusted the trucks with axle spacers, to get the same track width front and rear, since the hangers have not the same width.

How about the ride feeling?
I have to admit that I never had such an riding experience on an ESK8 before.
Let’s start with the pros: The riding comfort is by at least 50% higher. At the same time you still get that sweet urethane sound of the front wheels.
Carving and turning improved due to three factors. First, the DKP truck turns more than the TKP truck, obviously. Second you get more back end grip, so you can carve harder. Third, you get more ride height which allows you to carve even deeper into the tarmac.
In general you can’t slide out your back wheels, which prevents you from power oversteer and slipping out at higher corner speed.
This fact brings me to the cons: You can’t really slide the board anymore. If you try to force it, your front end will understeer. It is a really weird sensation, because you are not used to loose traction on the front wheels. It happed a couple times, but it never threw me off the board. I can imagine that if you get used to it, it is safer to get a push over your front wheels instead of sliding out your rear. However, you really need to get used to it.

What else is different? The range is obviously higher than on a full AT setup but lower than on a full thane wheel setup. Same with riding comfort. The looks is really a pro for me since it’s awesome and unique.
The board gets very nimble compared to the all TKP setup and the turning radius is bellow 1m. I tested the board with over 45km/h and it was stable. No wobbles or whatsoever. Anyways, I didn’t have a top speed run, so I can’t tell anything about speeds above 50km/h.

What I can say is, that it is a lot of fun experimenting with different truck, wheel and bushing setups and I encourage you to do so, if you want to explore what your board and you are capable of.

2 Likes

Changed the rear back to ST wheels and top mounded the TKP truck.

Now it has enough clearance and it turns and carve even better than drop through mounded. The rear has still more grip as the front. Probably I will change the front wheels as well again.

5 Likes