Meepo SRB MONSOON πŸ„β€β™‚οΈ

Looks like you can sign up for pre older alerts and they added the spec list

14 Likes

2 Likes

Seriously hoping this can come in under $2500 as expected. Or even lower in the future.

Also think it would be awesome to see it sold without electronics for people to DIY it.

Love to see the collaboration.

5 Likes

The WASH.

I will start by saying, as the inventor of the 3-link, seeing my creation copied in a manner that is unsafe is unsettling. There are unsafe fundamental loading dynamics in the current configuration of the Newbee Trilink that the designer and engineer collaborators clearly do not understand.

Kieran from Meepo had a confidant in the US purchase a 3-link truck set from SRB and ship them to Meepo to be patented, according to Kieran.

Ean Fang of newbee leaked the Meepo 3-link patent to an Australian customer of SRB. At that time, he asked to remain anonymous, so we removed the post naming him as the informant. That is how the patent was brought to our attention. Ean later was asked by Kieran if he had my approval for making the tri-link. Ean Lied and told Kieran he, in fact, did.

Recently, Kieran from Meepo has since offered SRB his patent rights in China. All past issues with this have been discussed and settled in face to face meetings with Kieran. As it turns out, Kieran is a standup businessman of good morals and values that are admirable.

The collaboration with Madesk8 and SRB with the Legacy 3-link has since been moved under the 3-link patent umbrella with Meepo. @Titoxd1000 did the brilliant CAD design work on the baseplate for us as well as the CNC prototyping. Meepo will be doing the manufacturing at SRB’s instruction and quality approval. Truck sales will be through Mad. This is how integrity with a collaboration happens.

Theives and liars are very capable people. Capable to manipulate and gain the trust and sympathy of good people.

Good people are capable of making poor choices.
Good people have redemptive qualities.
Eventually, all the dirt comes out in the wash.

18 Likes

I wonder what will happen when so many 3 links are out there and more people want the BRP wheels.
I know they are made by hand, so is there any chance they could keep up with demand ?
I can’t imagine riding any other racing wheel.

4 Likes

What happens When a good mechanic and a team of engineers work together. MAGIC
Better get your rain coat.

MEEPO MONSOON LEGACY RACEBOARD - Early Bird Access

15 Likes

Have not seen a double drop deck since the rayne demonseed. Good idea to get that truck height reduced

3 Likes

Damn we still clamping onto threads ? And still no standard CNC hanger profile?

image (3)~2

This is the part I was hoping would go away with the meepo(with permission from Brandon) 3links :confused:

3 Likes

Its a friction and keyed hanger.

1 Like

Good shit, I like to see it.

Next feature a lot of folks would like is a standard hanger profile. More compatibility=more sales.

That was back when I had to pretend to care about what you thought of me. I lied out of convenience, I was never convinced.

No one ever goes after Jackson.
There are only reactions to Jackson.

That’s because we have given up arguing with him because it’s not productive

Congrats on the board launch, can’t wait to see the sport move forward

5 Likes

Does the key slot run the whole length of the axle? Or most of it, rather… from bushing to end of 5/8" threaded area? I came close to trying to lengthen the slotted key area from the radius rod clamp on my HD axles further down towards the axle nut so a grub screw or whatever could land in the key slot (on the gear drive/motor mount clamp), but I chickened out and didn’t do it

2 Likes

forest-gump-wave

1 Like

This feels like a turning point for our sport. I’m stoked for high-end hardware to become even more accessible!
Great job Moe and Kieran

9 Likes

Just have to ask and I think you can probably even mount ROSA motor mounts on em

5 Likes

Rosa mounts are built into the hanger.

But that’s cool. Glad to see it.

I’m glad that people didn’t listen to Brandon’s goons and developed 3links anyways. Without them this thread and these improvements wouldn’t exist because all feedback was taken with hostility or dismissed imo.

Competition makes the trucks better for everyone.

2 Likes

Once someone starts acting like a troll it’s just not worth the energy. I’m not sure what SRB did to upset him but it’s pretty tiresome at this point.

Nobodies perfect but the monsoon is proof that people/businesses, and their relationships, can change for the better. I hope he has the same realization.

7 Likes

my trolling is due to how much innovation was held back, that’s what upset me.

Edit: see how whenever I bring this up the replies stop coming? (I hope this makes them reply)

4 Likes

@MoeStooge have they said if it will come with gear drives or belt drives yet? I know the prototypes had gears (I think all of them did?) but no mention that I see on the preorder about it yet.

1 Like