Nkp 3-link Production.

This way a NEVER existed issue is also solved :sunglasses: :tooth:

7 Likes

Did a practical math application test on the motor mount clamp.

Hope this clears up any confusion.

Collar holds at 50ft lbs of torque.
Means 50lbs of force applied 1ft from collar center.

The Motor mounts 3" max from collar center.
How much force is the equivalent of 50ft lbs of torque at 3"
200lbs

With a 2lb motor you would need to shock load by a multiple of 10,000% to create 50ft lbs of torque on the collar.

50ft lbs = 67.79 Nm

13 Likes

ahhh science. With proof!

gotta love a good effort to prove yourself.

9 Likes

I agree it is a non issue. I think some people thought these clamps were smooth on the inside and have probably never seen a threaded clamp on a threaded rod torqued to spec. it is more that strong enough for our application.
also the people questioning this have obviously never seen them in action. these aren’t your average TB motor mounts. if you want the most precision truck on the market get the 3 link.

7 Likes

Say no more. I am convinced.

7 Likes
9 Likes

Time for a 4WD build

5 Likes

I’m considering it

2 Likes

11 Likes

Already in the works

15 Likes

13 Likes

Thanks I was trying to post that here lol

7 Likes

I’m running my 3 link trucks with metroboard 155 wheels and hubs. The bearings that came with wheels are 10mm id but the spacer inside the wheels is 12 mm. So when I tighten the wheel it rubs to side wall of bearing. Did anyone else have this issue

1 Like

How would these trucks handle occasional water?

2 Likes

Seem fine to me.

The rod end bearing is sealed by the bushings also.

1 Like

How would they handle riding in thunderstorms is actually my question.

And actually, how do they handle sitting in a closet overnight after they’ve been ridden in a thunderstorm, is my real question. Because that’s when the shit usually hits the fan, in the closet overnight.

9 Likes

I have a set with about 300 miles and I can not see any rust or water markings. I do not ride in thunderstorms but I am not scared of a water puddle.

3 Likes

How do you like them compared to more traditional trucks?

2 Likes

I love them compared to a traditional skateboard or mountainboard truck. I will most likely only use these trucks for future DIY builds.

5 Likes