Meepo SRB MONSOON πŸ„β€β™‚οΈ

As seen. It will be closed gear drives.

4 Likes

Those were the linnpower straight cut version of the newbee 4gs system

I just installed them on my black mamba build. They seem fairly solid. Time will tell but straight cut gears tend to have a lot less issues than helicals.

2 Likes

There is another option. The MAD tubeless wheelset with Linnpower racing slicks is a close second to the BRP wheels. Linnpower is currently working on an adapter that will allow the Stooge racing sprocket bolt onto the wheels. I will keep you guys updated.

At ESK8con, we have a couple of sets of MAD tubeless wheels on Stooge boards. Held up and performed really well.

I am working with Linnpower on an even wider wheel that will fit the upcoming 90mm wide Linnpower racing slick for rear use.

The price for a set of MAD tubeless wheels with racing slicks is $365.

10 Likes

I’m heavily considering putting them on my regular 3 links. That, or stooge open gears. Still messing with ratios as I am trying to stay on 12s for now.

5 Likes

Keway runs from the radius rod mounts to the motor mount.
Legacy 3-link is on 15mm hangers and hardware.

2 Likes

Ref pic

3 Likes

You like duck dicks Ryan?
I saw that link. Be more careful with your clipboard haha

2 Likes

Competition is good but in this case, collaboration is even better.

We all have our strengths. Moe had a great design and ability to test parts hard, I had a desire to make the 3-link design compatible with boards using DKPs/TKPs and have the pulse of the consumer market. Kieran and Meepo are a powerhouse helping with resources needed to keep the new trucks affordable.

Moe and Kieran have deigned a relatively affordable entry level race board using the new 3-link truck design. The new trucks were successfully run at ESK8con.

Everyone wins, especially the consumer.

6 Likes

Damn I thought I was slick lmaooo

I had just shared to a groupchat :rofl: it’s like the Dino dick print

3 Likes

Yeah I’m glad this is happening for sure. I never understood the reason to try and shut down others who make genuine improvements and changes to the original design which is already a couple of years old.

The industry gave SRB a pretty much 'free unofficial patent ’ which seems to have recently expired after multiple years. That’s a lot of exclusively for no patent fees.

Unfortunately major changes only happened when others tried making their own. And those people were shouted down.

6 Likes

legacy 3-link, the keyway runs from the rod mount to the motor mount.
Hanger and hardware is 15mm

On the SRB mount. Apply a liberal amount of red loctite to the hanger thread only clock your motors and tighten the collar.

1 Like

I’m very curious about the 16s-capable β€œLY FOC 100b ESC.” Can anyone involved with the Monsoon project talk about this ESC?

Meepo’s spec sheet lists β€œmotor power” as β€œ3500W x 2.” 7000W from a LingYi ESC is a LOT more than previous hardware versions, so it’s interesting to see the improvement. 7000W is 104A from the battery at 67.2V (even more amps at lower voltage), which is a shitload of current to pull from a 16s2p battery pack.

What cells is the pack made of, that can handle more than 50A each? The spec sheet lists the battery as 518Wh, which means 16.18Wh/cell. The Molicel P45B is 16.2Wh, is that the cell which is being used?

11 Likes

Has to be some new battery tech. No way the spec sheet would be a lie.

1 Like

I’m not throwing any stones, I’m genuinely curious. If there is a reliable, powerful, compact alternative to VESC, I’m sure we all want to hear about it.

1 Like

That is a lot - no doubt it is over rated a bit, but I would be curious too. 16s at 50a is very different than 12s50a

The monsoon is good enough and quick enough that if a skilled rider like @davidbonde is riding it, it can keep off other much more powerful boards. I followed him around the track for probably 15 laps and couldn’t get past, the board is just quick enough, even though by numbers my raceboard is way more powerful I couldn’t get him

this would be a different story on a track like avs of course, but on short track it’s definitely got some kick.

6 Likes

Those are air filled ? Hope they last longer than the BRP wheels, could kill a set of those in one session if I wasn’t careful.
:moneybag::moneybag::sob::sob:

1 Like

The p45 is 3.6x4.5=16.2wh so the spec sheet is correct

2 Likes

Whoops! My mistake, I was reading the wrong line of the spec sheet! :man_facepalming:

Even if the Monsoon is using the P45B, 52A per cell (or more) to make 7000W is still well above that cell’s 45A (temp limited) max discharge rating.

6 Likes

Yup. Tubeless pneumatic.

Skill issue

We’ve seen power beat out special race trucks before

1 Like