Newbee 3links style truck

I mean that still seems like a pretty short list for something so new. Still in beta too.

I swear there’s guard dogs patrolling the forum looking for ways to be offended on behalf of someone else.

I hope it gets fixed in a future design. IMO it’s a major issue for an esk8 truck.

4 Likes

Skateboards Electric at esk8con had a really cool solution to this problem that prevented the hanger from rotating under load

3 Likes

my guess would be around 5-10mph, it was in a hotel lobby. i don’t remember what type of steel it was tho.

i’ve also run into this problem on the rear. when i brought the motors closer to the axle as a result of changing to gear drives, it seemed to lessen but it’s still there. the clicking was also kinda annoying, no matter what i tried, it seemed to be there to stay.
(these are things i didn’t notice with 3links, just pointing them out, not trying to start an argument or anything)

1 Like

The other side of that shiny coin is called a Shill…

2 Likes

The guard dogs I’m speaking of are shills too.

Id support ANY 3link truck project that has these features. Especially when it looks more finished than similar stuff after 5 years. Crazy how useful actually knowing CAD is.

I spent years shilling for Brandon and telling people that the SRB is the best race platform. Then the SRB shills started lashing out at ANYTHING with a linkage and wheels on it. That pissed me off and made me take a 180° on SRB. I cannot overstate how bad it was for the sport that Brandon’s henchmen did that.

Btw thanks for the feedback you gave me privately about these trucks. I forwarded it to Ean and the changes were made pretty quickly. Very impressive how quickly we got those improved hangers.

I see a promising pattern here of rapid improvement which is why I’m “shilling”

9 Likes

Rods updated, new hammock should be arrive these days!

7 Likes

Can previous customers expect the new rods to be sent to them?

6 Likes

I will put the rods in stock.

Baseplate for MTB deck (5 pairs available)

7 Likes

I wonder if these rods will work with srb 3 links

2 Likes

if you get the length right then yeah. they’re the same basic parts for the rods in both designs

whats the length of srb rods.

1 Like

They’re basically the same thing as SRB rods in terms of function. Left/right thread so turning the center coupler one way lengthens, other way shortens

4 Likes

Depends how they are set up, mine are currently around 6 inches.
also the only other down side I see to these is not being able to change the ride height. The closer the standing platform is to the axle the better.
How far is the axle currently from the top of the baseplate ?

3 Likes

Are these on the website? I haven’t seen them?

1 Like

I’d like a pair if they are still available.

@Ean.esk8 does the axle rotation issue exist on the v1 axle?

I noticed that the v2 axle has link mounting points that are off center from the axle. I’m wondering if that is why you are having the axle movement issue.

If anyone has the v1 axle, grab a wrench and see if the axle has any movement in it.

yes it does, much less noticeable on the front than the rear.

1 Like

iirc, a loose bolt magnified the issue but even after i tightened it, the rotation was still there. i can’t remember if i had the same issues with the v2 hangars and axles but the hangars weren’t square and i had to grind them down to get it to fit my gear drive adapters which fit on another hangar with the same profile

1 Like