Meepo Hurricane Discussion

Hey gang. Total forum newb here. Haven’t modded anything on my board. Apologies if this is the wrong place to discuss this.

Snapped a belt riding a trail this weekend. Ordered some new ones from Meepo. I assume they’ll be here some time before spring LOL.

That being said. Two big questions:

Any decent alternatives for Meepo’s belts? Other than their new gear system. Chains? Other brand belts?

Secondly, any recommendations for better/taller AT wheels for the hurricane?

Thanks all!

1 Like

Welcome! There are bunch of places you can order belts. Amazon, vbeltguys, etc. Just match up the numbers from the broken belt.

As for tires, the stock tires are horrible. I wore through mine in about 200 miles.

6" tires (150mm)
Hota tire with the 'V" chevron - Decent durability and very sticky.

Build kit boards tires Great grip, super flat profile and very long lasting for a pneumatic tire.

Unfortunately, cannot help you on 7" tires since I don’t run them. Maybe someone else can chime in.

Well, I think my 100amp ESC has already gone bad. Was riding home from work and it suddenly died.

Battery is just fine. reading at 49v.

Power button fine too. Tested it on the mulitmeter. I even hooked up a new switch and the board does not turn on.

Shortly after the ESC swap, my left motor started clicking and then my right. I even had difficult with starting up from a stop. Felt like a loose belt but my belts were not loose. Timing seems suspicious. Not sure if an ESC can make motors go bad. I contacted Meepo two weeks ago about the motors. No response.

Also, the acceleration was wonky a few days prior to failure. Would only go about 5 mph. Had to let go of the throttle then it would respond normally.

Anyone else with these issues?

You should check your motor.
I had that sound and when i opened the motor the ring on top that seperates the magnet was scredded .

1 Like

Old or upgraded motors? The old ones did not last very long after I installed the 100A ESC. The mentioned ring that keeps the magnets in shape was broken in several pieces. Show a video to Meepo If yours are having the same issue, took me not too long to convince them to send me new (upgraded) motors.

I opened up the motor already and cleaned it. It was surprisingly clean.

Old motors. I am getting the impression the older motors were not up to the task of handling the new ESC.

1 Like

That dosen’t look right.

In the search bar type in

“BeltLength”-5m-15 for compatible belts. Super cheap.

We make kits for the Hurricane that include options and pivot cups…no S/S bushings in the kit however :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Anyone check out the hurricane ultra yet? Thoughts? TKP carbon fiber/bamboo gear-drive board for $1600 seems like insane value (assuming the charger and anti-spark don’t catch fire)

1 Like
1 Like

Wrote up a summary of a bunch of stuff here:

1 Like

I made an adapter cable for a person that bought a heatsink from me, so he’s able to use a stock Hurricane battery and a Stormcore.

4 Likes
1 Like

Debating whether I should buy Onsra TKP trucks. :man_facepalming:

2 Likes

Its not an bad idea as they are cnc’d.

I thought your stormcore is backwards, Thats alot of extra cables and Phase wires interfering with power cables with Sensors/trancivers etc. the interferance inside the inclosure looks quite… intense.

It does look alright though why not run the VESC where the phase wires facing the motors (its almost like the builds that way because of the lentgh of the stormcore phase wires (which can be shorter)

1 Like

what brake light is that? also what handle is that? really cool, I may add to my build.

1 Like