Meepo Hurricane Discussion

I opted to turn it around because I wanted to run the wires along the sides, not on top. I donćt remember exactly how it looked but this orientation looked best to me. I had to extend the phase wires on the motor sides though, yeah… Not a great job of that, made them bulkier and stiff where I extended it. Worked great since I built it though. Almost 1000km, zero issues.

2 Likes

-The light is… https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0B9S4T95L?ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details&th=1
-The handle I made a cad and 3d printed it.

3 Likes

Ever thought about selling the handles? I would be interested in one of those!

Some modifications will have to be made.

3 Likes

Had to grind down a bunch of material off. Will probably epoxy it or something so it’s not bare.

4 Likes

Belts are too short, ordered 375mm hopefully they will fit.

I recently acquired a second hand Hurricane and that’s exactly what I was planning to do (or something similar now that you confirmed that I will have to grind some deck material off to make it work), it was all about CNC hangers and 10mm axles for me, those standards are not easy to come by, thanks for the share !

The problem with 10mm axles is that bearings are not that popular. And the only bearings I found that where worth the price was the surf rodz ones.

6900bearing should be everywhere, they are not that rare

1 Like

$12 for 2 bearings is not worth it.

???

5 Likes

Thx for sharing.

XIKE are pretty decent for the price :+1:. I have been using them (69002RS)

2 Likes

Sounds like a YIKE to me :rofl:

Also im quite interested in some pictures from that cutout, how thick is the fibreglass and is that just PUR foam?

2 Likes

3 Likes

Those are quite the layers! That cutout aint goin anywhere :rofl:

so carbon deck isn’t pure carbon

2 Likes

Hahahahah basically.

1 Like

I mean imagine how heavy it would be if it was pure carbon :thinking:

2 Likes

They’re never pure carbon.

3 Likes