MBS Matrix iii (3) discussion

This Man Truly Understands Me. I May Have My First Man Crush.
(Gotta Grind to Shine!)

Im Still trying to Grind through the Matrix II’s these things are Far Stronger than I ever expected.

10 Likes

What about the other way around? M3 hangars on m2 bases?

1 Like

A little more possible with a bit of work, but probs just better off with a complete set.

3 Likes

Long as there is hope, I got a pair of oil slick base.

This is good to know! I have not seen anyone do this.

My thoughts were a 10mm axle would permit 16100 (MTB) and 6900 (PU) bearings for convenience. I guess the metric or imperial designation is a matter of preference, as long as there is minimal slop between axle and bearing. Either way, looking forward to seeing updated options!

And Joel, thanks for involving the community in your development process. You didn’t need to, but you did. We appreciate that.

5 Likes

i know a couple that do

2 Likes

Niice! PM me the details???

1 Like

Those are for hypertrucks

3 Likes

On the subject of axles is there a consensus on preferred overall axle length (or do I need to unleash another poll)? The 20mm spacer that would be used for our hubs obviously isn’t shown.

4 Likes

Most eMTB trucks have removable axles dude

4 Likes

Seems like a good length, similar to other trucks on the market. It’s nice that you use a spacer now which is removable and offers more flexibillity with drive systems.

1 Like

It’s never too early to switch to metric. 10mm is the future. Why not lead instead of lag?

I don’t think there is much 9.525mm stuff now – I know Trampa has a lot but haven’t heard of it anywhere else. Maybe there is… …sounds like maybe some old MBS stuff anyway…

But either way, metric is the future.

Totally nothing wrong with 12mm though, why do you want a smaller option?

6 Likes

So crazy peeps can put urethane on channels

8 Likes

What the faster typer said. And I’m all about metric. We just do a custom 9.5x22mm bearing that’s the same spec as a 608, but with the id bored out a bit. All else the same. The inner race is thinner but we’ve never had a problem with strength. But I’m worried if I pushed it further to 10mm we might… Anyhow, still open on this, sooo listening.

3 Likes

Even I’m not crazy enough to do that

3 Likes

I’m all for removable axles, but i think it’s madness putting urethane on channels.

10 Likes

I feel like I’m probably the most likely person to do that, and even I think it’s absurd :crazy_face:

3 Likes

Unless you’re making a full on drift board, it looks silly.

1 Like

Sorry to be so stark but you’re wrong. Metric is objectively better. Inches are for measuring paintings and dicks

As for the smaller axle, i prefer metric but as long as theres 12mm I really dont care.

4 Likes

Hey…

lol did you know standard rkp axles are actually imperial? The non precision ones are 5/16in (7.93mm) diameter

5 Likes