Maytech 6396 motor

@mackann any idea when you will have the new 6396’s available in your shop?

Whene we release new site. It will happend when board is ready for to start sell. I hope it will be end of this month.

9 Likes

My wallet is shaking in fear for the release of the new board

9 Likes

Awesome! thanks for the update

2 Likes

My wallet is lubed up and READY

4 Likes

Took the 6396 apart for a quick colonoscopy. :crazy_face:

Nice to see the @b264 style pin/key between the shaft and bell, I thought the set screw on the outside just goes straight into the shaft. With the big support bearing on the other side taking most of the torsional load off that point, it should be pretty solid.

They only fill the magnet gaps half way, but it seems decent enough to not bother adding epoxy. Especially since they used that blue poop to balance the rotor already.

10 Likes

ho yes, nice !! Thx for sharing :stuck_out_tongue:

Awesome, can’t wait to order them from bioboard, maybe one day :grin:

4 Likes

Oooooh, that’s what that is! I thought someone had accidentally spilled some blue loctite into one of my motors, I scraped most of it off :man_facepalming:

8 Likes

Oh, very very nice. I might have to try one of these, seeing that

2 Likes

Balancing rotors seems more common in drone/quad motors than in esk8 motors.

1 Like

I just take back my motors to see how it has evolved, and it has not on this two part ^^

So yeah, Maytech does this for long/some times already. At least they do this/or Overion ask it in his motors since at least his 1st bash in 2016! :wink:

They didnt do it like this until this year i think:

2 Likes

The key between the rotor and shaft is one of the greatest things I have ever seen. And long overdue.

6 Likes

Does the ping also prevent the shaft moving in while riding helical gears?

Thats happens with my MTO-6880

Curious if that keyway shaft will even be worth it.

Considering that you have a weaker aluminum against a steel motor shaft + steel keyway.

2 Likes

No, it looks like it only prevents slip in the rotational direction, based only on what I see in the photos. I could be wrong.

To prevent slip in both directions, use option 1 or 3 here:

This is more functionally like option 2. Option 3 is a dutch pin in much the same way as this 6396, but has the added bolt holding the shaft tight from slipping in the axial direction

2 Likes

Thanks!

The Dutch Pin sounds great.
Need to find somebody to drill that hardend steel.

1 Like

No. But, right, I bought them in 2017, not 2016 ! ^^

But they already did it in 2017 so. Also, like I say, maybe just on the Overion 130kV one, he asks a lot of add-on mods at that time! They are rock solid as I still use them and work like a charm !!
I will take more photos tonight if you want.

rush 2017

4 Likes

The motor shaft is usually case-hardened.

What kind of drill do you take?
How deep do you drill?