Maytech 6396 motor

For the bolt in the shaft? I don’t recall exactly. I did it on lathe.

Yes - I would also take a lathe - but still on the lathe one need the right drill, correct?
Am asking - bcoz I am more the computer dude (+/- 5V) :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Mine 6880’s from the beginning of 2019 have it too. I was always wondering what that blue shit was

2 Likes

Is this correct? Only difference between your 6380 is the bearing and that it’s sealed?

2 Likes

Correct same sized stator.

1 Like

Yup :+1:

3 Likes

Size comparison, side by side.

6365, 6396, 6380

The 6396 and 6380 are like 150g~ difference in weight (1212g vs 1054g)

5 Likes

6396 or with additional bearing. Does make sense for a MTB or Gear Drive setup. :wink:

8 Likes

I wish damn maytech didn’t Take into account the titty when advertising their sealed motors

3 Likes

if it can highlight some … :

some old pic and measurements … hope you can understand it

6374 new HEV APS, 6374 old APS, 6374 Overion/Maytech enclosed, 6380 FS, 8072 APS.

6 Likes

Does anyone know where to get some 6396 in the usa? Or how long they’ll take to get from maytech?

3 Likes

GRRRRRRRRROOOOUUUUUPPPPPPPP

BBBBBBBBUUUUUUUUUUYYYYYYY

jk that would take forever

3 Likes

I don’t thinkzzz Dey be any… unless u get it off sum1 from the GB…

Otherwise MT takes like at least a month… mine tookz 4mos…
Bastards…

3 Likes

So, regardless of the motor lenght, the first four motors (APS, APS New, Overion, Flipsky) all share the same exact stator width (basically the can diameter is pretty much the same standard across different brands). Interesting. :thinking:

ergo: same Chinese factory doing all these motors

3 Likes

I’d pass on the 6396, not sure if these have the same heat issues:

All the 63xx motors I have serviced from all brands had 53.00mm stator outside diameter and 53.75mm to 54.00mm rotor inside diameter

4 Likes

Last time I checked they had stock on 170 n 210kv all with updated 63xx hole pattern. Gotta email them thou. Maybe @Agnes_Maytech can shine some light upon us

6396 big difference over the 6380 190kv?

1 Like

Big difference in what? They have the same stator size pretty much.

3 Likes

Performance. How hot they get