Maytech 6396 motor

Single drives’ biggest weakness is braking, not acceleration or uphill power.

As long as the brakes are strong enough, you should have enough power.

I am thinking a 6396 might be enough to scratch the drive wheel while braking…

5 Likes

6396 is the same stator as a 6380. Just FYI @b264. Just with a larger bearing. If I’m not mistaken.

9 Likes

Looks like the Maytechs are also rated slightly higher at 4500W. Not sure the accuracy of that rating though. Seems maytech can be a little willy nilly with those watt ratings

4 Likes

i see the future Miss Kook racing esk8 drivetrain minus the hangar!

5 Likes

Hole pattern is standard 6374 (44mm) also, and not only 30mm like it was first:

8 Likes

Niiice, we did well to wait , thx BB :wink:

4 Likes

Do you know when you might have 210s again.

how would a single 6396 compare to dual 6355?

1 Like

Biggest advantage is reliability I would assume, the extra load bearing opposite axle side solves a whole bunch of problems.

1 Like

the stator and magnets are probably around 2x as long, so it would be as powerful as 2x 6355 maybe? :man_shrugging:

The brakes on the dual are going to be much better. The reliability on the dual can be better if you’re using single ESCs and have them wired dual PWM (“PPM”)

The single will be cheaper and perform almost just as well in most circumstances

4 Likes

Any idea when you might start selllimg these monstersss??

2 Likes

April i think. Keeping this stock for boards

6 Likes

Is there a preorder?

@mackann what are we looking at for the new boards(4wd) money wise. 4kish?

1 Like

Yes I think it will be around that

1 Like

Hopefully opens end o March. We plan to delivery very fast from orders start.
Everything was a little delayed because of Corana virus because battery pcb is made there

1 Like

I looks like it is going to fit on a trampa. Time to do tomorrow a 3d test print :slight_smile:

What about when you turn :sweat_smile:

its close

1 Like

Normally it will fit even with turning. Will see tomorrow with the 3d print. If it fit it is going to be a good looking full hanger.

1 Like