Mawzie’s Build Journal

Here are the 3 builds I’ve done so far. The 3rd is a WIP still, but getting closer to the finish line!

See:

1. First Build
  2. Second Build
  3. Third Build
1 Like

I’m not so sure that’s the best battery you can get, it seems like they have ncr21700t cells and they are not built to flex so the cells will be stressed both electrically and physically. It’ll work but be careful with your current limits and padding, that battery was meant for stiff CF deck

2 Likes

You may have wheel bite issues with 6" or larger tires on that deck. I have a build with a 38" switchblade and torqueboards 110mm wheels on 218mm hangers. I could not fit a pneumatic wheel with this deck and truck combo. You might be able to get away with it if you get a really long hanger like the boardnamics 270.

2 Likes

I have the switchblade deck and eboosted enclosure. My plan originally was to use Torqueboards pneumatics with this deck, but with BN220 trucks they do not fit in drop through or top mount config.

You would definitely need some super wide hangers to make big pneumatics work with this deck.

2 Likes

Any suggestions for a pre built battery with that type of watt hours and 100A output that’ll flex in a non CF board build? 50A to each motor would be ideal maximum output I set correct?

1 Like

I’m looking at these trucks: 306mm

Thoughts?

1 Like

Thanks for the reply. I posted the link to the trucks I’m planning on using.

1 Like

@eBoosted

Any input regarding your deck and 306mm trucks to fit 6” or 7” pneumatics?

1 Like

Try searching the DIY builds section on this forum for “Switchblade” builds. There have been a few that use DKP trucks with pneumatics.

3 Likes

Landyachtz decks are out of stock everywhere, eboosted has no switchblade. I would recommend looking at the subsonic gt40 with eboosted enclosure.

2 Likes

Im looking to get some insight into Bushings. I’ve never tried custom bushings and only have what my trucks have typically shipped with. In regards to my Budgetish build for my son, I’ve got the VESC dialed in for the most part. However I’m finding his weight is not enough to turn the board.

Can bushing aide in his ability to turn the board. I’ve got the trucks as loose as possible and we can now slightly turn but run into issues.

3 Likes

For sure dude and pivot cups as well. Hit up @RipTideSports on the forum or through customer service. Have details ready: deck, trucks, your boys weight.
They’ll get set up right.
You’ll want some of your own once you feel the difference.

3 Likes

Hit me up in our PM, i’ll send you some bushing for free along with your battery :kissing_heart:

Also, this thread has a ton of good info:

Kind of a big one to dive into, and a lot of more specific recommendations in there rather than general knowledge, but If you make a post Brad with riptide can give you his recommendations when he has time. I’m also happy to help as well!

I second all of this. Let us know about those questions, and I’ll see if I have anything of proper duro for him :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Thanks! Every single day I learn something new about ESK8 lol. If it’s that life changing then I need to get on it.

You’re amazing man. I’ll hit you up. Imma read through that forum post tonight!

36" Bamboo/Canadian Maple Drop Through Deck, Evolve DKP Trucks, just shy of 50lbs for the little man.

3 Likes

Lucky little dude. Riptide knows those evolve dkp’s well, they’ll sort ya if @BenjaminF doesn’t have what’s needed.

2 Likes

Does anyone do custom jobs for anodizing/cerakoting? I have some clear anodized wheel pulleys I would like to get red. As well as I have grub screws, motor mount screws, and a motor pulley I would like red as well.

1 Like

Nice build DAD :call_me_hand:

3 Likes