Bushing and Truck Setup Help Offered

I’m using TB 218 mated to Bowery Surf adjustable plates.

1 Like

@RipTideSports Brad, just wanted to ask something about bushing washers, do you have any experience with CNC washers? And are they superior to regular steel washers?

I’m asking because I am thinking to get a set of the CNC ones from Exway as they just started selling them separately.

1 Like

Got the dimensions and pictures/information you asked for here. Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

1 Like

Wish you told me this before you unloaded then on me :pleading_face::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

I read above that these trucks don’t allow a kingpin replacement. Or am I wrong

Any detrimental effects of me cutting a mm off each riptide bushings. Cannon and kranks

I need more thread grab.

Also, these might be too tight of durometer… it’s stable as fuck, but I miss that carving sound and feeling.

2 Likes

Hey @RipTideSports:

I’ve been looking today for the best source for some nice hard 95a, 97a or harder barrel bushings. I have some red 95a riptides and I like them.

But I want to replace the bushings on a half dozen boards and build a few more. The retail stores are closed down due to covid and I find the online prices pretty high by the time you factor in shiping. Also, there are not a lot of good options for purchasing bulk.

I found a few bulk options but they are unfamiliar and they could be really crappy.

This seemed like a good deal, but I don’t know if Saber is a reputable brand.

I’m thinking about ordering some Alibaba samples. But they could also be crap.

https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/SKATERGEAR-longboard-barrel-bushings-cushion-for_60673497042.html?spm=a2700.7724857.normalList.21.2e5e6c39Jj54RK

So how do I order a bulk batch of Riptide bushings that I already know that I like?

95a, 97a or harder if you have them. If the price was right, I would purchase a dozen, maybey two dozen.

alibaba bushings :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

Sabre bushings are poured in the US

Gotta get the short street

1 Like

OK @Fromualdez for a 50/35 split using TB 218 hangers, I would suggest Canons up front and a Canon / Magnum rear, all in KranK 90a. Have some cupped washers available to fine tune the Canons with. You should pick up some agility and not sacrifice stability with this setup. Pick up 2 pair of Canons and one pair of Magnums so you have some options to play with. Canon /Canon front, Canon / Magnum rear, Canon /Canon front, Magnum / Magnum rear

From what I can tell of what you have shown, the main benefit is cosmetic

3 Likes

First @BearBoi, stop over-tightening your bushings, it does not suit you :). Your trucks appear to be Paris clones so we will assume they will fit the same bushings as Paris based on your dimensions namely Canons and Magnums. Do you have any idea what durometer the stock bushings are and what is your weight?

What trucks are these Kevin? Have you tried ditching the boardside washer for more clearance and to get less resistance, use the larger bushing roadside and the smaller bushing boardside. No harm in cutting down bushings as long as it does not adversely effect the geometry of the trucks.

2 Likes

These ones

Do you still have the stock bushings? If I remember correctly they take .4" on top and .6" on the bottom

1 Like

Bushing for Kahua trucks

More accurately

(0.51" and 0.59")

Solution Gotta get the short street

get this for street side

I’m curious how often do you develop new products? Is there a chance you would make a ~13mm barrel size? Not sure it’s really necessary.

@RipTideSports this info was a general guide on Kahua trucks for @kevingraehl and others
I also misunderstood what you were saying with the measurements, you were talking about what size of your bushings fit.

3 Likes

Thanks so much! Just to confirm, these are tall bushings? I was looking at your website and the Krank canons give two different measurements for height; the picture states .60 inches, but the description states .75 inches. My apologies for not stating my need for tall bushings.

1 Like

OK so with the different base plates they take tall top and bottom?

This is really confusing, sorry, you need to keep it simple for me…

1 Like

Yes, I need four tall bushings. Thanks again.

1 Like