The Flux | 12s6p | MBS | Xenith | Dual 6374 | 8”

This is my second DIY build. Please feel free to critique and give me recommendations.

View My First Build Here

Alright, so I currently use an Onsra Black Carve. What I loved about that board, which is my first ESK8 board, was the 6" Pneumatics. What I desired was something that could have bigger tires and better range.

After seeing some of the flux builds going around, and other MBS builds, especially the “The Fuck Cancer” build, I decided to go that route and start building.

Parts

1. DIY Edition Flux Deck w/ Enclosure
  2. MBS Metal Matrix II Trucks w/ Yellow Shock Blocks
  3. MBS 8” T1 Tires/Tubes/and Black Rockstar II Hubs
  4. Propulsion 6374 190kv Motors
  5. ATC 72T Wheel Pulleys
  6. eBoardSolutions Motor Mounts
  7. BKB Xenith
  8. 12s6p P42A Battery Built by @BenjaminF
  9. 12s 5.5 AMP TB Charger
  10. Hoyt Puck
  11. Davega X
  12. RideNebula Anti Sink Plates

Upgrades

1. Powder Coat
  2. New Enclosure
  3. Deck/Frit/Decal Work
DriveTrain Assembly

Spent few hours putting the drive train together. I got stumped quite a few times being that I’ve never used or seen some of these products before. Primarily the motor mounts gave me a hassle because I was trying to put the set screw through the mount into the truck which isn’t the way it’s supposed to work.(I Think?) Instead I flipped the truck around to ensure the king pin flat head pointed outwards on each side of the board and cranked down the 4 set screws. Fingers crossed I did that correct. Also applied hexagon grip tape.

Electronics Assembly

The FocBox was a huge pain in the ass for someone who doesn’t have the experience. Needed to have the XT90 converted and the MR adapters converted. Charger was stripped and converted to the Flux connector. @BenjaminF was incredible in making the battery and getting all of my miscellaneous electronics soldered up right!

Waiting for the Davega X and BMS to put the rest together. Ready to charge the battery and play around with the FocBox after that.

Aesthetics

Dyeing Shockblocks and Spray Painting wheel pulleys and motor pulleys.

CF Vinyl wrapped motors.

Put it all back together and I think it looks really clean!

Finally Done! Super happy with how it turned out. I messed up the pre drilled holes, trying to drill them out for larger grommets. Ended up using bondo and spray paint to seal those up. Drilled new holes and was able to get the phase wires through.

Unity all setup:

1. Motor Amp 75/-75
  2. Battery Amp Max 120
  3. Regen Amp -50

22 Likes

This is :fire: :fire:

Definitely do the Davega! I have one on my flux build

4 Likes

Ooof that looks awesome! Can’t seem to find one, and they aren’t taking orders right now. Maybe I’ll put up a post and see if someone is willing to part with it. How did you run it down to the enclosure ?

2 Likes

You just drill a tiny holy and feed the wire through, it comes with a long wire that goes to the ESC.

2 Likes

That’s awesome dude. Definitely want one! Your new build looks like it’s gonna be lit as well! Good luck with it and keep us informed!

1 Like

:kissing_heart:

3 Likes

Ayy that looks awesome! Thanks for working hard @BenjaminF!

2 Likes

My pleasure! Gotta make that bread! :laughing:

2 Likes

Awesome stuff !
Managed to fit a 13s9p of molicels in mine but was very tight fit with a Bluetooth BMS

1 Like

Yeah boyee. Can’t wait to see your build progress. Looking good so far!

2 Likes

Holy fucking bananas, batman. Thats a lot of go-juice!

2 Likes

Geez what kinda range with 8" do you see with that ?

Slowly but surely, starting to piece it together and another list of things I want to buy showed up. :joy:

1 Like

28 posts were split to a new topic: Battery Discussion

That’s my build.
13s9p is really not that hard to fit because you can stack the VESC (here a Spintend which is not a small one btw) and the BMS.
Don’t pay attention to the duck tape and mess in the wires, it was during the test phase :smiley:

Power is definitly here, 2x 63105 motors for a total of 9000W+ and more than 250A continuous and almost 400A burst from the battery. Currently setup at 2x100A battery and 100A/motor. Definitly more room to play with, especially at this time of the year (cold as fuck in France atm).
Top speed is quite average (around 50km/h) but thanks to the chain drive and ratio, I have plenty of torque to play with uphill.

It looks overpowered but it allows me to push hard if I want without any SAG (i’m far from the maximum battery discharge capacity) or high temperature from neither the VESC nor the motors.
All combined I can cruise for hours (maybe 80km at 30km/h) thanks to the 1700wh or shred it (what I don’t do because I need to master the beast first :smiley:) without any fears for the electronic.

Thanks to the french electronic master @Booya for his expertise and awesome work.

4 Likes

Lol didn’t know you had a profile here mate, sometimes I dream all the board I build are mine

1 Like

Y’all got any recommendations :face_with_monocle::sweat_smile: @Booya @ZachTetra

2 Likes

I’m currently waiting for me Davega, so I can’t help but advise you to take one aswell :wink:

1 Like

I use the METR app on my phone but the DAVEga is a spectacular unit. There are some remotes that will have the same data on a smaller screen if that’s what you prefer

For aluminum you can anodize it but a hard anodization is very hard to achieve in a home setup. If you have access you can also powder coat the components but you will need to keep contact faces clean (threads, bores, belt contact surface) during that process

Look into glass frit, it’s basically just shards of glass in a layer of resin (spar urethane or epoxy), people like @sender are spectacular at doing it so look at his work for inspiration

3 Likes

People have been using lipos in parallel, charge and discharge, as long as you treat it like one big cumulated pack its the same.
It’s the exact same thing

The fact they are different capacities is fine, but the c rating of the cells is very different…the c rating of a P42A is 11.25 while the 50E is only 1.96 so per unit capacity you can’t work the 50E as hard

In the way that a chain is only as strong as the weakest link, the c rating of a parallel group is only as high as it’s weakest cell

3 Likes