Maker-X Go-FOC DV4 (upgraded version) ----- Most Affordable Dual Drive ESC

What is the latest firmware this VESC supports? When I try to update mine the VESC tool shows I can update only 3.62.

I left mine on that but apparently you can update the bootloader to get the newer versions, look for one of my questions up there somewhere ^^

1 Like

Manged to bend 1 usb port and so I can’t configure both sides anymore. If I want to get bluetooth, what module should I buy?

1 Like

Can always connect to one side and got o the other via Canbus in the vesc tool. You don’t need 2 usb

3 Likes

Anyone know if these are gonna be restocked at some point? Im in need of a really small VESC and the DV4 looks perfect

Try PM’ing @YUTW123

The DV4 is great bc of the size, as long as you keep it at ~35 motor amps max

I’ve got an old 10S2P 30Q pack from a Yeeplay M1-30 thats ESC died, so I wasn’t gonna push them any harder than maybeeee 30 amps anyway. The size is really my only concern at this point :confused:

2 Likes

While it’s smaller, it’s by a decent margin taller than a trampa vesc for example.

It would be interesting to see it with all connectors coming from under the pcb and micro-usb (usb-c please?) Soldered horizontally

@SeeTheBridges i used mine at 50 battery amps total and 110 motor amps total. Worked just fine

It is? How tall is a tramps VESC? Total volume isn’t really comparable, the dv4 fits easily in your palm

1 Like

I think about 18mm tall and connectors go inside so fully plugged it only gains about 1mm. Maker-x i don’t have it anymore, but connectors add at least 3mm over the fact that it’s taller in the first place

How do these compare to Trampa Vesc? Looking to mount in one of eboosted’s undermount enclosure. 12s4p 20700 molicell 4000mah.

I was considering two of these vescs or two of the trampa ones

1 Like

If price is not an object buy trampa, these are good, but I’d still consider them fairly new. Did you read the sv6 thread?

2 Likes

No I haven’t read it link me?

There’s some interesting conversation in this thread that might be useful to you

2 Likes

I bought this bad boy a long time ago. Never set it up. Finally got a use for it. Went to plug in a Bluetooth module, doesn’t fit. Anyone tell me what size plug I need to adapt?

6 pin jst, should be in the box with the esc. Also need to repin

My makerX is old from one of the first runs last year, it did not come with a anything other than sensor wire plugs, it has the soldered on PWM lead.

But yeah PH2.0MM 6Pin JST is what we’re looking for

Just want to say that my first this ESC burnt after plugging it in battery and the second stopped working in a half of way after three weeks of use…

1 Like

That sounds like user error to me not gonna lie

2 Likes

I think no. Also, maybe it was because I have it on FOC mode (with max settings that it can do - 50 amps) that works really weird on this ESC (what I read). And problem of the second ESC was really weird too, just stopped working one half of that ESC, the second normally worked…